iOS How can iPhone SE camera be so good against 14 Pro?

Any camera can 'be so good' in good lighting or high contrast lighting scenes he has chosen :)

Even if he chose an older iPhone from a few years back. In those lighting scenarios, any camera is going to come out good.

There are slightly more details in the shadows with the pro shots. It's subtle but it's there when zoomed in.

He should have gone with more challenging lighting and then maybe the differences would be more.

nah, account seems to have been compromised and some bot or tool was used to send this message to promote the youtube channel.
Seems so. The video seems fake to me, as well. Reminds me of this video.

Regardless, I feel like even people who are not that tech-savvy have gotten to know that much of mobile photography depends on software processing. There doesn't seem to be any other reason to make the post other than this.

There is nothing fake about this video or the photos

Light gathering ability of both these phones is the same as the aperture is F1.8. After that, its down to processing algorithms and you can see the difference in the shadows as mentioned earlier, especially with the RAW photos

You don't get a telephoto or ultra-wide angle with the SE obviously so more features on the Pro
There doesn't seem to be any other reason to make the post other than this.
If you can live without tele or ultra-wide then the SE has a good enough camera is the point

Why is this a surprise with a 2020 SE model anyway

Last edited:
I mean yeah the camera is good but
There is nothing fake about this video or the photos

Light gathering ability of both these phones is the same as the aperture is F1.8. After that, its down to processing algorithms and you can see the difference in the shadows as mentioned earlier, especially with the RAW photos

You don't get a telephoto or ultra-wide angle with the SE obviously so more features on the Pro

If you can live without tele or ultra-wide then the SE has a good enough camera is the point

Why is this a surprise with a 2020 SE model anyway
Yeah the camera in SE punches well above its weight, but the rest of the phone sucks.

For a casual user this will be a small difference but if someone is a photographer or has interest in details of photos then these two has a very much recognizable difference and also shows in the shared video also. This is same case as for casual users all i3 are same i5 are same i7 are same but for the person who has knowledge every processor is different.

Seems so. The video seems fake to me, as well. Reminds me of this video.

Regardless, I feel like even people who are not that tech-savvy have gotten to know that much of mobile photography depends on software processing. There doesn't seem to be any other reason to make the post other than this.
This is a widespread issue on YouTube, I remember watching this video few years ago. I never trust these camera comparisons / FPS comparisons / benchmarks unless it comes from a trusted source or they provide details into how the comparison was made.

Last edited:
This is a widespread issue on YouTube, I remember watching this video few years ago. I never trust these camera comparisons / FPS comparisons / benchmarks unless it comes from a trusted source or they provide details into how the comparison was made.
He's linked to the originals. Download and make your own judgement. That takes work which is why you rely on 'trusted sources' when your own eyes will tell you better.

When the originals are not provided then it's harder to say. 99% do this so I ignored them and relied on the 1% that did and learnt how to figure these things out.

Many times I've asked and compared with comments made and realised the fixes were quite simple.

Back