How difficult is it to carry heavy cases?

White Fractal define 7 with transparent panel for 9.7K. The black variant was down to 7k a week ago.
The build quality is fantastic and very very good, better than the lancool 2 I bought some time ago for 12-13K. Thermally it might not be the best because of the door in the front.

only 2 units available
It is quite heavy so practically speaking how difficult it is to carry from front gate on ground floor to 2nd floor whenever need arise.

It is quite heavy so practically speaking how difficult it is to carry from front gate on ground floor to 2nd floor whenever need arise.

Well built cases will always be heavy. I have been using both Aluminum and Steel Full Towers for more than a decade now and box packed these things are heavy and bulky products. What makes it tricky to lift is the size of the boxes these come in. However, the sides of the box should have cut outs to help you lift the package so you should be fine. Will give you a nice workout! The Fractal even though a mid tower is roughly 13-14kgs. Ideally these cases should be kept on a stationary desk, floor after you build your system in them because they become significantly heavier once you put in all your hardware inside. I wouldn't mind carrying a fully loaded case/ chassis once in a while but if it's more than that I would get something smaller and lighter. Also, with a tempered glass side panel the risk of damage is more. I would open the side panel and keep it aside before lugging the case from one floor to another just to be safe then re-attach it when I have successfully moved the case to the desired place.

Last edited:
Well built cases will always be heavy. I have been using both Aluminum and Steel Full Towers for more than a decade now and box packed these things are heavy and bulky products. What makes it tricky to lift is the size of the boxes these come in. However, the sides of the box should have cut outs to help you lift the package so you should be fine. Will give you a nice workout! The Fractal even though a mid tower is roughly 13-14kgs.
I guess these are not for me currently then as I might need to move in near future & it will be a hassle to move such heavy stuff.

Even if such heavy cases got those top handles for ease of carrying/moving around, it all depends on what all components have been stashed inside as the handle can only be strong enough to carry a certain weight additional to the gross cabinets weights. Best bet is to always support the case base to avoid those worst case scenarios. Else one bad fall and you never know what it can cost you!

This is my old Fractal Node 202 build, weights 6.5 kgs for reference if it helps.
Pcpartpicker build
That's a good small build. I thought of building an itx pc but gave up after having to disassemble & reassemble my atx system a few times which is supposedly much easier than fiddling around with itx mobos in itx cabinet. I finally decided to stick to matx systems in cabinets like Asus AP201 with decent space to work. I do have a mid tower cabinet with multiple hdd drives for storage/download purpose but planning on assembling my main pc in AP201 sometime later (I already bought the parts months ago).

Fractal Define 7 is about 13kgs before components are in. Quiet a workout if you move them around.

Ant ESports has C-Air mini with a top handle, however I would advise against it. Build quality is atrocious.

Back