How Do I Increase my download Speed In Steam !?

upaextreme

Disciple
So, I just started downloading DOTA 2 and Steam is really giving me a very hard time. The download speed is extremely shitty ( extremely ). Sometimes it's giving me like 100 kbps for like 5 secs ( it should be way more than that ) and next it is 20 kbps for 2 secs and 0 kbps for 10 secs :yawn: !!!! Tried switching download location to Malaysia but still nothing helps !? Please people share your knowledge with me ! I also provided a screen shot!

Untitled.jpg

Probably a lot of people are downloading Dota nowadays. Doesn't Alliance offer high speeds only for torrents? What plan are you on? Anyways, there's no special way to increase Steam download speeds except changing download location. I suggest change to Europe. Around 10,000 beta keys were released for Asia recently, you won't get very high speeds from Asian servers.

Dota 2 is still in beta, and you still need a beta key to get in. Amazing how a F2P beta game has the most number of players in Steam.

If you know someone nearby who has Dota2 you can get the data files from him and dump to your PC. Steam will pick up from there.

Back