How do sleep trackers tracks sleep?

Only based on hand movements - hence not really accurate.
Most devices cannot measure blood pressure, and hear rate measurement requires close contact with the skin - so again not possible while asleep.

In my opinion just another fancy gadget measuring something that may be utterly useless.
If you are really encountering sleep related issues - you will know it.

I bought such a tracker a few days ago because something was wrong with my sleep quality, and a doctor recommended trying it.
How accurate is such a tracker in measurements, maybe, someone knows?

I have the Amazfit Bip2. It seems to be quite accurate for sleep tracking. I have an approximate idea when I fell asleep. And of course when I woke up. The sleep dial shows it accurately. I think it is a combination of the gyro + pulse sensor. Like how these watches do not register movement / exercise when in a moving car.

They are good enough for people to record data with erratic sleep patterns or who want to discipline their lives. Life saving sleep monitoring---doctor.

Most sleep trackers measure the sleep quantity and quality by using built in accelerometers, small motion detectors. Accelerometers measure how much movement you're making while you sleep. This data is then analyzed using an algorithm to estimate sleep time and quality. The rest is Software .

I hear the OuraRing to be the best with tracking sleep... but it's pretty pricey and would need to be replaced every couple of years due to battery life.

I bought such a tracker a few days ago because something was wrong with my sleep quality, and a doctor recommended trying it.
How accurate is such a tracker in measurements, maybe, someone knows?
A doctor recommended you get a tracker because your sleep quality is wrong ? really ?

While sleep devices might be useful for those who have generally good sleep but are interested in tracking or establishing a better routine, people who have poor sleep or mental health conditions may want to avoid them. But the best metric for measuring how good your sleep was is to see how you feel each day. If you’re tired and struggling to concentrate, then going to bed a bit earlier each night may help you feel more rested – no device necessary.

See post #4 ? read the article in there

Back