How do you guys ship your equipment?

Are you talking about international shipping here? Because for domestic it's a rip off.

You may try shiprocket, however, they take your aadhar card, cast, gotra everything and you have to bear constant torture through email, SMS and whatsapp. Other than that, it's cheap.
lol, that's some indian shipping there

lol, that's some indian shipping there
I have never seen DTDC shipping anything containing battery through Air. They always surface ship such things. Bahut darpok courier hai. And for your pack, the DTDC branch paid like 15Rs/kilo rate to the DTDC distribution branch. Now calculate their profits. :oops:. For 3-4k, forget laptop, I better able to ship in-laws to anywhere in India.

Last edited:
Yup, that's what I don't like about them. Today aadhar-OTP is your signature and it's suffice to open a bank account, take loan, read cibil on your name. Why would a courier aggregator need that?
Bank account cannot be opened on just Aadhar. Anyways they need it because they are an intermediate between the courier and you and they technically ship on your behalf so you get cheaper rates in bulk.
Now since they're shipping anything and everything they are liable if anything illegal/dangerous is shipped, they will be questioned and they have to answer if not they will be an accessory to the crime.
A company has certain policies to protect itself in such a scenario, so KYC is one such way to identify and blame the person who actually shipped the illegal item.

I have never seen DTDC shipping anything containing battery through Air. They always surface ship such things. Bahut darpok courier hai. And for your pack, the DTDC branch paid like 15Rs/kilo rate to the DTDC distribution branch. Now calculate their profits. :oops:. For 3-4k, forget laptop, I better able to ship in-laws to anywhere in India.
Reading all the comments, I feel certain that I was kinda scammed (maybe)

Bank account cannot be opened on just Aadhar.
Yesterday itself, I opened an account with Indusind bank online from my home using just aadhaar-OTP. Nice account. 5% off on amazon & one on one on BMS. I have opened similar accounts with kotak and axis previously.

Now since they're shipping anything and everything they are liable if anything illegal/dangerous is shipped, they will be questioned and they have to answer if not they will be an accessory to the crime.
I have shipped about half a lakh shipments through most of the couriers and some aggregators before ship rocket and let me tell you buddy, it's not a norm.

Need PAN for that, ig.
Finance companies can fetch your pan from your aadhar. With just aadhar number alone, a finance company can already locate your savings, loan accounts with other finance companies and can sell your debt to a different finance account without even informing you. It's a full on mandi bazar.

If you get any way to stop that, tag me. Now a days I don't attend any call not originating from landline and sometimes check on truecaller and block them.
My phone is in perpetual DND mode from a few years now. It only rangs for saved contacts.

Last edited:
5% off on amazon & one on one on BMS.
Not related to thread but since you mentioned, SBIYONO also gives 5% on amazon (if shopped using their platform) and it also lets use 10% SBI Card offer if it is ongoing. Though the timeline for fulfilment of 5% is so long, I don't even bother.

BMS- RBL Popcorn is good credit card for this. Spend 5k in preceding month and get 2BMS tickets along with 1% cashback on everything (including wallet load).

Yesterday itself, I opened an account with Indusind bank online from my home using just aadhaar-OTP. Nice account. 5% off on amazon & one on one on BMS. I have opened similar accounts with kotak and axis previously.
I did too with HDFC a week ago, all online process starting with the Aadhar KYC. They required me to furnish my PAN card details as well and Video KYC happened in which they only demanded PAN card and my signature. Although it was a salary account not a normal savings account so I'm not sure if normal savings account has a different process.

I did too with HDFC a week ago, all online process starting with the Aadhar KYC. They required me to furnish my PAN card details as well and Video KYC happened in which they only demanded PAN card and my signature. Although it was a salary account not a normal savings account so I'm not sure if normal savings account has a different process.
Procedure is same. It's just that they give you a year to complete the KYC.

Pack your stuff well with loads of bubble wrap and within boxes in which the item remains snug.

Delhivery is good these days..
Dtdc isn't bad either..
You can also try shiprocket, they are a shipping aggtegator though the prices are ok but their service and c care is pathetic, kinna hit and miss really.

I would always trust bluedart provided you can fool them while shipping [emoji6] like declaring a phone as a scientific calculator Nd packing it well before the executive comes to pickup... They charge like 350 to 450 for a next day or 2 day air delivery, they are the best in the game as far as my experience goes. Always book a shipment to be picked up from your place as whenevr you ll go to drop out with them, they ll ask you to open it

How do you book a shipment from home ? I tried their website but there is no option for insurance and it errors out in the end

Back