how does the Airtel Bill for limited plan count?

i had 1299+ tax inlimited plan wen i was in bangalore, and since i was to come back home for 1 month, i changed it to 250 limited,

and now my friend says, the bill is 7000/-
some of my friends might have been using it, dont know in what manner, but i just cant believe its 7k

anyways, what my friend says is, the modem was on for the whole month, and the bill is calculated acc to the duration
duration for which the modem is on
i say the bill is calculated manipulating the total amount of bytes uploaded and downloaded

can sumone clarify, adn help?

Time limited plans are rare these days, So I am assuming its a data limited plan. The limits work by counting total bytes uploaded and downloaded as you said. However its not uncommon to go above limits and consequently get hefty bills on such plans. I have personally seen people ending up with 15k bills.

I was also going out for some time , so i asked customer care to suggest the lowest rental plan and drop the internet combo althogether , give me a lowest voice plan ,so that the connection remains active. But the customer care transfered it back to ` retainers department', they have this department of broadband in which they discourage the `leaving customer' not to drop the internet plan altogether but offer u various incentives or attractive plans to continue( so that we don't latch on to other options of other ISPs once ur off their plan), first they offer 20% off on current plan then this - the lowest rental combo internet plan of rs. 250 in which one 25 hrs of internet 256 kbs and rs 50 of calling value free. so u can see i have been through this so I know. it is time based 25 hrs are free. but u can raise the issue with them that u were not informed of that clearly that it was time based, and don't give in and don't even settle for middle of the road payment also. inspite of recovery guy knocking on ur door, it will take a month or 2 so to settle but airtel and eventually airtel wouldn't want to lose a good customer ( if ur previous bills were paid on time) and they will agree for most part

hatydu said:
I was also going out for some time , so i asked customer care to suggest the lowest rental plan and drop the internet combo althogether , give me a lowest voice plan ,so that the connection remains active. But the customer care transfered it back to ` retainers department', they have this department of broadband in which they discourage the `leaving customer' not to drop the internet plan altogether but offer u various incentives or attractive plans to continue( so that we don't latch on to other options of other ISPs once ur off their plan), first they offer 20% off on current plan then this - the lowest rental combo internet plan of rs. 250 in which one 25 hrs of internet 256 kbs and rs 50 of calling value free. so u can see i have been through this so I know. it is time based 25 hrs are free. but u can raise the issue with them that u were not informed of that clearly that it was time based, and don't give in and don't even settle for middle of the road payment also. inspite of recovery guy knocking on ur door, it will take a month or 2 so to settle but airtel and eventually airtel wouldn't want to lose a good customer ( if ur previous bills were paid on time) and they will agree for most part
i was informed that it was time based

what exactly can i do?

pretend to them that u never knew it, raise the issue at CC and after some time ask for settlement but if iu own it that u were informed and it is not the the fault of airtel, then i guess u will have to pay full

^^ You are supposed to know such details when you subscribe for a time limited plan. How else did you think time limited plans work? I don't think you can do much now other than pay the bill and get it over with. What hatydu suggested is impractical and immoral. Its not a matter of 100 or 200 bucks for Airtel to let go. I have seen people deliberately trying to get out of paying the dues to Airtel and the results vary from case to case. I know of cases where Airtel sent out legal notices to their customers for refusing to pay their dues.

^ My colleagues had got themselves into a similar mess but talked Airtel into believing that they (Airtel) had accepted an illegitimate request for a plan change (saying someone else had made the call).

Back