Laptops How is Asus X53TA-SX096D for 27k?

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
hi guys. I was looking for a low~mid lappy which shouldn't weigh more than 2.5 KG and should have decent processing and graphics power, and needs to be defenitely AMD as will be running some virtualization apps and needs to be compatible with my current home lab setup.

was looking at this > http://www.flipkart.com/asus-x-series-x53ta-sx096d-laptop/p/itmdfw4mbfrnxhdf

or

http://www.letsbuy.com/asus-x53ta-sx096d-laptop-amd-a6-2gb-500gb-15-1gb-gc-dos--p-33868

usually letsbuy is bit cheaper, but here its the other way around. on fk, the specds reads A6 3400, but is said as dual core, where as an a6 3400 should be a quad. maybe theyve mistook the cpu or the specs. Asus site has the model "Asus X53TA" and no remaining name.

So will the fk on a real a6 3400, which is a quad, or should i go with the lb deal just to be sure. ?

I will be adding 2*4gb ram as soon as i get it and hope it has the juice im hoping for.

and any other better deal for the same ?

the same is available for 26.5k shipped on the other forum. seems an excellent deal.

I was searching for 30k laptop for my friend and came across Dual Core A6 3400 Asus on flipcart, searched a bit and its definitely a mistake, A6 3400 dont come in dual core...

Try contacting flipcart CC ...

Ive got the same from fk. its a quad core and its a typo in their specs. I was sure of it, so went ahead and bought one. btw, its really great in performance, much better than my bro's i5 SB lappy. Not on proccy intense benches, but overall feel and performance. Battery lasts about 4~4.5 hrs on 6 cell on low~moderate usage.

havnt tried any hypervisors on it, only vmware workstation. ive upgraded the memory to 8GB 1333 cl9 and it handles well. CPU isnt a bottleneck at all, with fair load on the VMs but the max memory is limited to 8GB as there is only 2 slots. DOnt know if it supports 8gb *2, but now they are insanely expensive. Will try when 8gb single stick price comes down.

Games are running smooth for the screen resolution (1366*768) and performance is like an HD 5670 desktop card. You need to add the game to ATI profile to use high performance mode, so that it uses CF and maximum GPU clocks. The CF setup works really good. There is no way you can turn on the HD 6650 while not using any 3d apps, unless you disable the HD 5520 via device manager, but you dont need to do that and its a mess.

On battery power, when 3d apps kick in, the HD 6650 works in CF (HD 6720G2 with 320+400 shaders) with the HD 5520 (ofcourse you need to add the exe to the ATI profile for that) and clocks are like 300 for GPU and some 400 for memory, but with power plugged in the GPU clocks are 600/900.

You can OC the CPU upto 2.1Ghz all cores using software within windows if needed.

The USB3 port is an added advantage, and the lappy runs super cool all the time, no matter what load you put in. Only while gaming, the air exhaust vent feels slightly heated, but its a good sign as heat is efficiently ejected out without heating the lappy's body. Screen is good, but viewing angles aren't that great. The lappy is lightweight enough for such a powerful CPU and CF setup, compared to i3 lap with nvidia GT 540.. like cards.

Hello;

Me planning to buy the same ASUS X53TA-SX096D from FK. Want to mainly use to study CCNP and MCITP labs usiing virtualization and some gaming (only Counter Strike). How many VM's can I run off this machine.Dont need a lot, but 3 to 5 will be good. Fairly new to AMD processors and seeing a 1.4Ghz processor makes me nervous to go for this.Any advice would be appreciated as I am prety new to the IT field.

Earlier quoted by #[member='aman.pitbull'],

Check his post here ->

I
t's a similar config, K53TA, all becnh-ies are mentioned.

I think it's a pretty good Laptop and available at a sweet price point. Just remember to add an extra 2GB stick as soon as you buy it.

Hello;

Me planning to buy the same ASUS X53TA-SX096D from FK. Want to mainly use to study CCNP and MCITP labs usiing virtualization and some gaming (only Counter Strike). How many VM's can I run off this machine.Dont need a lot, but 3 to 5 will be good. Fairly new to AMD processors and seeing a 1.4Ghz processor makes me nervous to go for this.Any advice would be appreciated as I am prety new to the IT field.

#[member='naveen chauhan']

Llanos are not for VMs. I'll suggest #[member='Danchik'] to either wait for Trinity or go for an i5 based config.

I didn't said Llano doesn't support Virtualisation, but I meant i5 will serve better purpose.
<

Back