How is Reliance Wimax service in Delhi

Argus

Adept
I'd appreciate feedback from a few users :)

i am thinking of getting it within a week so wanted to know how hassle-free it is. I live in north delhi.

Tarriff

I don't think that reliance has started Wimax in Delhi. However i am sure that Tata has started it services. 256Kbps @ 750 + tax

No matter where you are in the country, its same story with wimax.

It will work great if it works fine within 1st month of installation. Otherwise it wont.

The problem with Wimax is the signal strength and the problems with the base stations. And both TATA and Reliance face same issues.

Now reliance does not charge your for the initial month. SO you basically get free usage until the end of the month of installation.

If you dont like it, you can cancel the connection.

And they wont deposit the Rs.500 installation cheque before the installation is done at your place. If they cant get the signal, they will give your cheque back.

So if you find reliance providing service in your area, you can always try it out.

Thanks for the helpful info Funky.

I guess i will probablt stick with GPRS AIRTEL via my phone. Atleast i will be connected to the internet.

pranav17 said:
I don't think that reliance has started Wimax in Delhi. However i am sure that Tata has started it services. 256Kbps @ 750 + tax

Are you absolutely sure or its just what you think :bleh:

They are indeed offering Wimax in Delhi. Their marketting guy specifically said it would be wimax and not the wired b'band.

Thanks to Funky's feedback, I'll call their sales rep in a day or two and finalise.

Funky said:
Now reliance does not charge your for the initial month. SO you basically get free usage until the end of the month of installation.

Thats sweet since I'm not exactly despo for net as I already have Sify running at my place. Today is 22th, so I guess I can wait for a week :D

ashu_dps said:
Hey pranav, any link for this tata wi-max ?

They haven't updated the website I got the information from a Sales rep.
Here what i Know:
Plan
256 @ 750 + tax - Unlimited
384 @ 1k + tax - Unlimited
1Mb @ 3.5K + tax - Unlimited

Installation 1K + 1K Security or Four Months Rent up front.

Argus said:
Are you absolutely sure or its just what you think :bleh: ...

I am sure that i think that i should be getting the Wimax connection by next month :p

Coz i am shifting house and no Airtel in that location.

pranav17 said:
Plan

256 @ 750 + tax - Unlimited

384 @ 1k + tax - Unlimited

1Mb @ 3.5K + tax - Unlimited

Installation 1K + 1K Security or Four Months Rent up front.

Oh, paying 2k extra sucks :(

In comparison, Reliance wimax seems a tad bit better. It offers somewhat similar tarriff (tata 384kb @ 1000rs and reliance 400kb @ 999 rs) but the installation is around 550 rs and no security. If you are interested i can PM you the contact no. of reliance guy.

As a customer we shd explore all the options and then decide whats best for us :)

Back