All OS How many of you charge your battery to the max-100%

What is your percentage range

• Total voters
As the title says, how many do it, and how many follow 30-80% as per those battery sciences. I tried this on my secondary phone(Nokia 7+), barely used it and still battery capacity degraded to 73% within 3 years(a lot since I hardly used it). My Dad's phone(Infinix Note 5)has been used roughly and for the same period, his battery capacity is still at 83%. I was thinking may be I got a bad lot coz I was not getting good battery life even on Oreo.
My current phone(Poco X3) already has battery capacity at 96%(bought it in November, 2020).
No, I don't use fast chargers and stuff since heat is the biggest enemy for the battery. I am using AccuBattery for those battery stats.
So how many follow this rule and has it genuinely helped in prolonging the degradation? Would you advise doing it? Or you are one of those who couldn't care less and switch over to a new phone if in case battery worsens.

Might be a poll will help. I am one who charges between 25-75% and it supposedly increases the battery life a lot. Although android batteries are dirt cheap, I can just tap on a replacement battery for 3k max in a couple of years.

I do it all the time. I have stopped thinking about battery now as especially for phones, I can get a new battery for Rs. 2000 (not original) and it works well for a year at least.
My phone is also 5.5 years old so I don't care so much with battery (have changed twice till now) and doesn't support fast charging as well.

I don't worry about it a lot, I upgrade my phone every 2 years or so but, I do use my phone a lot do on my previous phone iPhone X I saw to deterioration to about 83%.

I just top it up to full every night. Don't really bother with that battery rule. My current phone is like 3 years old now and its showing its age. Might just go in for a battery replacement in a few months if anything pops up. My thoughts right now regarding the phone is that it should last until I feel the need to upgrade should 5G actually start up in the country.

I prefer to charge my phone overnight using low watt charger, if battery % drops below 20. I know it takes 3-4 hours to fully charge.
Followed this pretty much on all my android devices and now on my IP 11 too.

Personally, I'm not fan of the fast chargers that end up heating the phones. I would like to know others opinion on this as well.

Only once in 3 months or so deliberately. I have this auto cut off feature where it is restricted to 85% so it doesn't charge further at all.
How exactly do you do that? Does it need root access? If so, are you still able to access banking apps like iMobile from ICICI? I have AccuBattery alarm me when it reaches 80%. After 3 months of use my battery health is at 99%.

Might be a poll will help. I am one who charges between 25-75% and it supposedly increases the battery life a lot. Although android batteries are dirt cheap, I can just tap on a replacement battery for 3k max in a couple of years.
Aren't your phone batteries sealed? If so, is it not a pain to go the service center to have the battery replaced?

I always charge it to full. As far as I know, battery life is determined by charge-discharge cycles, and fewer cycles mean longer life.

Also, my phone anyway needs to be charged thrice in 2 days. If I don't charge it to full, then it will remain plugged in half the time.

Aren't your phone batteries sealed? If so, is it not a pain to go the service center to have the battery replaced?
Yes you're right it is probably sealed but nonetheless when I took it to service center it was a relatively quick and cheap process. Much cheaper and hassle free than I had anticipated.

I never really cared about the battery i leave my phone for charge overnight when I go to bed and I remove it in the morning.

Charger it to 100% 80% or 60% it will last you 4 to 5 years easy.

how to do this ?

Use Accubattery app from playstore (link below) with this app you can set the percentage till you want to charge your phone and when once it reaches the desired % it notify you to disconnect the charger.

How exactly do you do that? Does it need root access? If so, are you still able to access banking apps like iMobile from ICICI? I have AccuBattery alarm me when it reaches 80%. After 3 months of use my battery health is at 99%.
Yes rooted and everything accessible.
how to do this ?
Screenshot_20210524-225108057.jpg
Screenshot_20210524-225307773.jpg

Battery health still 100% even after two years. Still gives me and entire days + few hours more of backup.

Last edited:
@nRiTeCh Which ROM is this?
Shouldn't the start trigger level be at 20% or 30%?
100% battery health after 2 years shouldn't even be possible in ideal case scenario? How did you manage to?

If you don't charge your phone to 100% more than a couple of times, Accubattery will never show battery health at 100%. I nearly always charge my phone to 80% since I bought it in October and it shows battery health at 96% to me. I also don't let it drop below 50% usually.
But if I start charging my phone to 100% say for the next 2 weeks, the health will increase. I know this because this is what happened with my Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. So basically, battery health calculation is a bit wonky in AccuBattery.

Sometimes I think that is it even worth micro managing the device's battery level so much and instead just use the device like we use always, charge when you cna upto whatever max you can and be done with it?

@nRiTeCh Which ROM is this?
Shouldn't the start trigger level be at 20% or 30%?
100% battery health after 2 years shouldn't even be possible in ideal case scenario? How did you manage to?
Resurrection remix.
While taking screenshot it increased. I set it to 70%
There's no logic setting it to 20% then to charge your phone you have tow wait an hours+.
When I bought this Redmi Note 7 Pro it would last me upto 2days though my usage was not what its today.
While today sometimes battery lasts just 22hrs and it all depends how much time I spend on teams/webex + coupled with my bt earphones.
Its now purely my office wfh dedicated phone so except for meetings not much happening..

If you don't charge your phone to 100% more than a couple of times, Accubattery will never show battery health at 100%. I nearly always charge my phone to 80% since I bought it in October and it shows battery health at 96% to me. I also don't let it drop below 50% usually.
But if I start charging my phone to 100% say for the next 2 weeks, the health will increase. I know this because this is what happened with my Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. So basically, battery health calculation is a bit wonky in AccuBattery.
True! And I think I'm the only one in this android world who hates this trash app Accubattery. It shows all complex shit and no simple figs. and always says its still estimating battery and bla bla! Nothing straight forward.

Back