How many of you want the Micro SD card slot back.

Does Anyone miss the Micro-SD card Slot?

• Total voters

TheTechBoy

Recruit
Does anyone miss the Micro SD card slot on Samsung devices? I wish the recent phones had the slot on them. I will post a petition link here if I get enough positive responses.

Do not care.

UFS/nvme on phones is waay faster and more durable. sd cards specially high capacity sd cards don't have much performance and in my experience, Die much more quickly. 256/512gb storage on phones is good enough for me.

Have dozens of dead sd cards, some are under warranty also but due to privacy issue didn't rma'ed. Instead I switched to higher capacity internal storage which are much more reliable.

I am not a samsung user when it comes to phones but I down own a samsung galaxy tab A7 tablet. It does have a MicroSD Card slot which is appreciated but the inbuilt memory is 32GB and that is good enough for me (I understand some people may have requirement for more space). I did install a MicroSD Card for sometime because we were recording my Son's online classes and each day's recording was taking 2GB+ and my wife would look into it and sometimes she won't get time so it would start filling up. Hence got MicroSD Card.

But since I am predominantly an Apple user, I have started to live with whatever is offered. I am glad my latest iPhone 13 has 128GB and previous one had 64GB but still I am yet to fill beyond the 64GB capacity of my phone. But yes I do miss having more storage on my iPad 10.2 which has 32GB and now it is only having couple of GBs free.

Don't miss it at all. Internal storage is much more reliable than SD card.

I don't need more space on my phone because I usually empty my phone every month and store the files (backup) on my PC.

I casted as No as over the years I have realized that, for me, it is a struggle to fill up even the normal phone storage let alone an additional SD Card. I would like to see support for two physical SIMs as a default though.

Does anyone miss the Micro SD card slot on Samsung devices? I wish the recent phones had the slot on them. I will post a petition link here if I get enough positive responses.
Adding microsd card slot doesn't make business sense. How would you force them to buy pricier variant with big storage? or forcing them to purchase cloud storage?

It's the same how Google doesn't enable FM on their phones even though hardware is already there. It wants you to purchase streaming.

Personally, I don't have the need for microsd card as all data is backed up to cloud.

Its good if its there, i mean i can sleep peacefully knowing i don't have a space constraint and can always add more.
But if you have a 256 GB onboard, i could pass it

My only real need for microSD was when I rooted my device and TWRP did not support on-device storage decryption. Installing from the card was a breeze. Also, carrying over content when switching devices.

Otherwise, it is far too slow and ruins the experience if people start using it as unified storage.

Nope, I don't miss it at all. I had enough bad experiences with MicroSD cards randomly failing or getting corrupted. They are painfully slow when I want to transfer a lot of data back and forth.

Flash used for internal storage on phones is more durable and faster. Since cloud storage is quite convenient to use these days, I hardly need more than 64GB on my phone for apps and media. I also have peace of mind that I won't lose my important data if my phone is lost.

Back