How many people here read comics & use dedicated apps for it?

nemo_online

Disciple
Just looking around to see if we have any comic book lovers here and maybe learn something new in the process.
If you read comics via apps, which are the apps that you use? Do you think comixology needs to be accessible in India?

I took a Marvel unlimited annual subscription last year.. Pretty good for what its worth..
Unfortunately I could not use it much so turned out to be be a waste of money - but that's more on me rather than the service itself. (ended up reviving my gaming backlog so that sucked up all the free time :p )
If you like the Marvel universe - or even enjoy retro comics , i think its totally worth it

Have you tried Tachiyomi ? It is an open source manga reader but you can find DC,Marvel and other comics too.
Here is the download link, https://github.com/tachiyomiorg/tachiyomi/releases/tag/v0.12.1.
Thanks for the link. Have never tried Manga. Now would be a good time to begin I guess. :)
I took a Marvel unlimited annual subscription last year.. Pretty good for what its worth..
Unfortunately I could not use it much so turned out to be be a waste of money - but that's more on me rather than the service itself. (ended up reviving my gaming backlog so that sucked up all the free time :p )
If you like the Marvel universe - or even enjoy retro comics , i think its totally worth it
I am more into non-Marvel characters (old school) - Phantom , Mandrake , Rip Kirby , James Bond , Flash Gordon. In the Marvel world, I like the Punisher & the Ghost Rider. Might get a subscription soon. :)

Last edited:
You can use Comixology in India as well if you can change your country/region settings in your Amazon account. But you won’t be able to use other Amazon’s functions like Kindle etc in India. I use Panels app on my iPad to read offline cbr files. I also use Kindle unlimited as well for some light reading like Tinkle etc.

You can use Comixology in India as well if you can change your country/region settings in your Amazon account. But you won’t be able to use other Amazon’s functions like Kindle etc in India. I use Panels app on my iPad to read offline cbr files. I also use Kindle unlimited as well for some light reading like Tinkle etc.
@parakram What about the payment? Will they accept Indian credit cards for Comixology? Also do you use this app from a desktop/ laptop or mobile phone? Can you change country / region settings more than once? Change to US & back to India for example.
Tried updating my region but it did not work. Probably no longer allowed by Amazon.

Last edited:
I use Cover on Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cover-comic-reader/9wzdncrfj9w7
And on Android, I prefer Readera and Moon+ Reader.
I have never really ventured into comics. My very first exposure to comic as a concept were the comics included at the end of every Chandamama Magazine. After that, I have only tried Swamp Thing after I was left disappointed by the namesake show being halted mid season. The enormous size of the catalog overwhelmed me though, and I hardly ever made any progress...

I use Cover on Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cover-comic-reader/9wzdncrfj9w7
And on Android, I prefer Readera and Moon+ Reader.
I have never really ventured into comics. My very first exposure to comic as a concept were the comics included at the end of every Chandamama Magazine. After that, I have only tried Swamp Thing after I was left disappointed by the namesake show being halted mid season. The enormous size of the catalog overwhelmed me though, and I hardly ever made any progress...
Sad to know that you never explored comics in more depth. Perhaps, you'll come back to them at a later date. Although, comic buying in India has become a very expensive affair.

The Swamp Thing TV show ending the way it did was a huge bummer. Especially when people like me unaware of its history watched it only to find that it had no conclusion. I am currently reading the original Swamp Thing comics from 1972 which have been published in 5 digest-like collections. Very different from the TV show.

The YAC reader app has a pretty good ecosystem and available on all platforms.

Amazon prime reading has a small but decent catalog and I think kindle unlimited adds more comics to the collections. A lot of Amar Chitra Katha is available on there as well as some DC, Marvel, and Archie

If you go to the Kindle ebook section you can filter for Prime Reading Eligible and that should show you the eligible books

thanks I just cannot see the option. I think something messed up with my amazon account. I see a box saying "kindle titles are available to US customers...

thanks I just cannot see the option. I think something messed up with my amazon account. I see a box saying "kindle titles are available to US customers...
That is strange. Try checking you Prime Membership page. It should list all the benefits you are eligible for and Prime Reading should be present there

Now a days ,many Youtubers are making videos on Raj comics and many others by narrating the story in their own words and style but the fun in reading the hardcopy was unbelievable at that early times..
I mostly like these characters of Raj comics which are Indian comic heroes.
1. Doga (Physical body+weapons+various defending arts)
2.Super Commando Dhruv (Brain,truth,non-violence,star team)
3.Nagraj (extra superior powers of God Kaljayi)
4.Parmanu (teleportation and transmitting and controlling to atoms etc)
5.Bankelal (King of Comedy,humorous,fantasy and horror)
and the villians of these comics are also very exciting.

Back