How much data do you use on 5g everyday?

6pack

ex-Mod
Fort me, I'm averaging around 20GB per day. I hope the telecom companies give data plans similar to fiber plans. 300 GB per month would need nice to have for around 300 rupees.

the days of cheap data are slowly winding down in india
with the emergence of a Duopoly in the industry, data and plans are only gonna get more expensive over time
once people are hooked on internet consumption, they will slowly and steadily pay the increased prices for what they are now hooked on :)

Free 5g data are over for me. Looks like jio reduced the 5g signal coverage in my area or my phone is the problem. Suddenly it can't see 5g network. Even if I force 5g band it shows 5g but can't do anything. No calls, SMS or internet. So went back to 4g. Even 4g signal is low now compared to full triangle before.

I'm on Jio, and on my iPhone 14 I got to use 5G for literally a minute, after which it went to LTE. I even changed the settings to use only 5G, but it didn't work. With the latest update, they removed the option to force 5G.

So yeah, as of now its maybe under 50 MB ;-;

I have tested both 239 and 2999 packs, and it is effective without a cap (consumed 100GB in a day, averaging 500GB per month depending on use)

Free 5g data are over for me. Looks like jio reduced the 5g signal coverage in my area or my phone is the problem. Suddenly it can't see 5g network. Even if I force 5g band it shows 5g but can't do anything. No calls, SMS or internet. So went back to 4g. Even 4g signal is low now compared to full triangle before.
Maybe a problem in your area, it's working fine for me.

Fort me, I'm averaging around 20GB per day. I hope the telecom companies give data plans similar to fiber plans. 300 GB per month would need nice to have for around 300 rupees.
I am a Jio postpaid customer for over 6 years. (Intentionally not activated 5G - because my home wifi of 200 MBps is sufficient even for my 4K purposes).

All JIO Services have dropped since they jumped to capture the 5G early mover advantage.
Their customer service centres have the same excuse for last so many months "Upgradation of Network Towers/Hubs is On" But dammit How Long!
JIO crashed and Jumped BLINDLY into the 5G sector without fully testing it's infrastructure support - so offered this FREE till date.... But the moment they sort out the issues .... Be Ready to pay a BOMB for 5G.

Last edited:
I once got about 25-30MBps combined on multiple torrents but it usually is around 8-10MBps max. I get upto 50% higher speeds when downloading the same torrents using my ACT fiber connection.

I once got about 25-30MBps combined on multiple torrents but it usually is around 8-10MBps max. I get upto 50% higher speeds when downloading the same torrents using my ACT fiber connection.
So I guess, 5G (being wireless) still has problem maintaining thousands of active connections unlike a wired internet. This has been a known issue for all types of wireless internets.

Problem is not of 5g. Problem is with the operators not adding extra towers. The operators should know that 5g has it's own headaches like lower penetration power due to using higher frequencies. They should put one concrete pole with their antennas in each society if they are serious about this technology. One tower per 500m or a km isn't going to help. It's way too less.

Problem is not of 5g. Problem is with the operators not adding extra towers. The operators should know that 5g has it's own headaches like lower penetration power due to using higher frequencies. They should put one concrete pole with their antennas in each society if they are serious about this technology. One tower per 500m or a km isn't going to help. It's way too less.
Yeah. When Adani bought a 5G millimeter band for nothing, I thought he would put the 5G antenna on every street light. He could have pushed all other telecoms out of business.

Anyway, I don't think 5G will be game changer.

1G: unreliable, heavy on battery, expensive (there weren't many packs available. 10p/10kb rate was normal)

2G: reliable, light on battery, cheap (thanks to unsung hero of the poor, A. Raja, we and govt will always be in your debt)

3G: unreliable, heavy on battery, expensive (who the heck paid 250/gb)

4G: reliable, light on battery, cheap (Jio ji Airtel bhar ke)

5G: unreliable, heavy on battery, ???

Airtel is having good coverage for me and speeds average at about 150Mbps
Jio 5G has been horrible so far. Except for 1-2 locations it's 5-10Mbps speed only on Jio 5G

Been using 5G for mainly speed tests and occasional downloads at home.

Back