how to activate vodafone GPRS on iphone 3gs

kaps2010

Disciple
Hi guys,

I am trying to activate gprs on my iphone 3gs phone but I am not able to do it.

So can some one help on that.

I have iphone with version 3.1.2 and Vodafone prepaid card.

call 111, then will give settings

one way is

S <IMEI> to 52586

or ACT VL to 144

Or go to VPN access or sumthing

and add settigns manually

for iphone u dont need mobile connect or voda live.

for iphone u need to have " idata" service active

call voda helpline they will send u that sms which u just need to forward to 111

deaddevil said:
call 111, then will give settings

one way is

S <IMEI> to 52586

or ACT VL to 144

Or go to VPN access or sumthing

and add settigns manually
I tried the first two things but it did not work.

Going to try the third one tomorrow.

I had postpaid plan and that time it was working properly but now after I connected to pre paid it is not working.

I download the setting through a site but now the same setting are not working for the pre paid card.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Praks said:
Is it Vodafone Live or Mobile Connect ?
I don't need the Mobile connect,I just need the plain gprs scheme for browsing the net on the go.

Any suggestion how to activate it will be really helpful,as I am finding it difficult to get anything noteworthy on the net.

kaps2010 said:
I tried the first two things but it did not work.

Going to try the third one tomorrow.

I had postpaid plan and that time it was working properly but now after I connected to pre paid it is not working.

I download the setting through a site but now the same setting are not working for the pre paid card.

I don't need the Mobile connect,I just need the plain gprs scheme for browsing the net on the go.

Any suggestion how to activate it will be really helpful,as I am finding it difficult to get anything noteworthy on the net.
khanvis2009 said:
for iphone u dont need mobile connect or voda live.

for iphone u need to have " idata" service active

call voda helpline they will send u that sms which u just need to forward to 111

Just had one doubt if I call the vodafone people they will give me the iphone plan which I don't need I just need the normal gprs plan as the normal one cost me 99rs for 2gb while iphone cost 299rs for 500mb.:bleh:

FaH33m said:
Did you try this ?

India – Enable Vodafone Live (EDGE) on iPhone OS 4.0 (iOS4) | eHardTech

Theres a similar guide for iOS 3 /3GS as well.

Thanks for that and now my Edge is working.:)

Eh Vodafone Live will not help in getting Mail app working. Its only normal surfing in safari.

its pleasure checking mails using inbuilt mail app in iPhone.. App store/Cydia will not work in Live.

Can you please verify if other apps like YouTube, Facebook, GMail also work? or is it just browsing? I've recently taken the IDEA 249 combo (which is kick-ass BTW) but still holding on to my Vodafone number. If all internet apps are working then their Rs.98 for 2GB a month plan would be awesome.

Back