How to add openvpn config files on tplink MR3630 router

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am using openvpn on my windows 10 desktop.

The config files are a part of a subscription of a download aggtgator service, so whenever i need i just launch openvpn and select one of the servers.

But this given the VPN facility only on my desktop, I wish to use this network wide on all devices connected to my wifi router over wifi.

I saw that some tp link routers have built in open VPN option which you can configure but on my router TL Mr 3620, they're is no such option.

Can you folks help

Thanks

On my tplink router, in its vpn page, it can only act as a server. No way to add ovpn file and make the router a client. It can generate ovpn file for a client but can’t accept one.
Maybe some advanced router or firewall may be able to do this.

On my tplink router, in its vpn page, it can only act as a server. No way to add ovpn file and make the router a client. It can generate ovpn file for a client but can’t accept one.
Maybe some advanced router or firewall may be able to do this.
Then how to get VPN on all connected devices???
Asking everyone to ruin open von on their phones will be tedious if at all they have an android and ios client like the one for windows

Then how to get VPN on all connected devices???
Asking everyone to ruin open von on their phones will be tedious if at all they have an android and ios client like the one for windows
Technically, yes. One ovpn client file can only connect one device. You can share same ovpn file to other devices but you won’t be able to connect simultaneously.
If multiple devices need to connect to same VPN server, you will need individual OpenVPN keys for each device.

If you want whole home network traffic to be routed via the VPN server, this might need advanced hardware and software, to be able to configure the router as a VPN client. This is beyond my knowledge, maybe some networking gurus can help.
maybe something like this

Back