How to automate Megaupload, Rapidshare etc downloads ?

raksrules

Elite
I have a list of files i need to download and all of them are hosted either on megaupload or rapidshare. I guess there is a tool called jdownloader to automate the downloading of these files. Does it still work and if yes then how ? I tried some time back and all it did was some updating plugin thing going on in the lower part of the app. So i dont know much about it.
Any other alternative wherein minimal intervention is required and preferably if the connection goes off, all i have to do is just reconnect the internet and download should preferably resume (like torrents)

You need to have a premium account for resuming the interrupted downloads and use any download manager like IDM/ flashget etc. The download manager will even take care of reconnecting the DUN if connection drops.

If you have a fast internet connection, you utilizes it's full bandwidth with a premium account.

Anyone who has every downloaded files from file hosting services such as Rapidshare or Megaupload is well familiar with the ritual “dance†involved in the process, which consists of waiting for on-screen counters to count-down then moving through multiple screens until at long last your download link becomes available. (Not to mention having to re-do the whole thing if you get distracted and don’t jump on the download link as soon as it appears).

If you’ve been in this situation then you’ll like this free Firefox extension. SkipScreen automates the process of advancing through the various pages preceeding the download screen, waits for the timer to count all the way down, automatically overcomes any captchas, then starts the download once it becomes available. All you need to do is browse to the initial download page; SkipScreen will do the rest.

A video of SkipScreen in action:
[youtube]io8_J5cBkj0[/youtube]

After using this plugin for a little more than a week I can report that it works brilliantly. Here are more notes:

How to use: browse to the initial download page; SkipScreen will take over, in most cases displaying a countdown timer for when the download will commence. Nito user interaction is required until the save file dialog appears.
Supported file hosting services: as of this writing (and in alphabetical order) Depositfiles, Digg, Divshare, 4Shared.com, FilesTube, HotFile, LimeLinx, Link-Protector, Linkbucks, Mediafire, MegaUpload Family, Rapidshare, SendSpace, ShareBee, Storage.to, Uploaded.to, zShare
Anti-captcha: is built into the service. Which is to say you do not have to manually enter words or characters to prove that you are human; Skipscreen will do it for you.
Batch clipping URLs: is not supported, unlike downloaders such as Jdownloader for example.You could open each part of your download in a new tab and just leave them, I suppose, except you I’m not sure if you could set Firefox to download automatically without having to interact with the save file dialog at the end of the

Skipscreen Installation:
When installing, be mindful of some bundled extras (toolbars, default search provider changes). If you don’t want anything else installed aside from the SkipScreen extension then make sure to uncheck all boxes (see screenshot to the right).

The verdict: let’s face it: any mildly internet savvy user will have to interact with file hosting services at one point or another, and Skipscreen will make this experience much more efficient and pleasant. It simply is a must have for anyone who uses Firefox (although it seems that Chrome and IE versions may be on the horizon).

Having said this, I will say that hard-core downloaders will be better served by a download manager such as Jdownloader, especially when it comes to multi-part downloads, and especially if you would like to set these up for serial downloading overnight or something like that. But for everyone else Skipscreen is the more logical choice and is not just extremely useful but downright indispensible.

Source

Excellent add-on. Give it a shot.

Having said that, I've used JDownloader too in past, and it works perfectly.

@bigbyte

I dont have a premium account but my aim is that files should be downloaded one by one from the list of files with me having to go and start download of each file. Resume support if not there then also it is fine. Just need to automate the downloads.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Xtech

But this will still need me to SAVE each and every file and moreover because of being free user, i will have to wait for each download to complete before starting next.

raksrules said:
@bigbyte

I dont have a premium account but my aim is that files should be downloaded one by one from the list of files with me having to go and start download of each file. Resume support if not there then also it is fine. Just need to automate the downloads.

Use JDownloader... it is the best tool to automate the downloads... Just enter the links that you want to download and JDownloader would automatically download each and every link one by one... Some file hosts supports resuming even if the download gets interrupted... for eg. Megaupload , Megashares etc etc... but if you would download stuff from filehosts like rapidshare / fileserve and if your internet connection gets disconnect or due to some connectivity problem then you would have to download the link/file from the start even Jdownloader wont help you if the filehost itself doesn't support resuming...

I tried some time back and all it did was some updating plugin thing going on in the lower part of the app. So i dont know much about it.

Jdownloader normally download updates just like the way antiviruses do... Actually it updates the outdated plugins and add supports for new filehosts... JDownloader automatically starts searching for updates whenever you run the software... If you want you can disable the autoupdate thing...

But this will still need me to SAVE each and every file and moreover because of being free user, i will have to wait for each download to complete before starting next.

yes you would have to wait for each download to complete before the other download starts... There is one way to download three to four parts of the same file simultaneously...

For eg... You want to download a file which has 7 parts and four interchangeable link for each part... For Eg. A.part is uploaded on rapidshare , megashares , fileserve and filesonic... Download the A.part from Rapidshare , B.Part from Megashare , C.Part from Fileserve and D.Part from filesonic in this way you would be able to download 4 parts simultaneously...

raksrules said:
@Xtech

Use Jdownload then like I said. Best tool ever. Just goto File > Add > Add Links and paste your links. Thats it, good to go.

I have seen a service called real debrid listed on almost all premium account providers like way2premium,365premium etc.Apparently you can download as premium user from all filehosts.

iamnew said:
I have seen a service called real debrid listed on almost all premium account providers like way2premium,365premium etc.Apparently you can download as premium user from all filehosts.

You have any website links etc for the same?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

trust me, the best way to automate is to avoid the sites like fsc,fs,rs and hotfile
i have tried PLGs, cookies (good method but a great PITA to fing them, moreover they last only 5-6 hrs),jdownloader etc etc ...
instead find mirrors -
like mediafire, ifileit,filehook etc etc
which have resume support
or at least can be resumable after getting a refreshed link

for free user nothing beats jdownloader ... tried mypony and many download managers but JD is awesome

if you are worried abt ip waiting then just configure reconnection ... i created a reconnection tutorial for dialup/EVDO on other forum [not with this ID :D]

i only download through JD but make sure that not automate download for sites with recaptch [hotfile/fileserve/filesonic etc...]

files from MU/MS/RS/NL etc... can be downloded very easily

As others said, Jdownloader is awesome and it supports most of the sites....
And also by using this you can even download youtube/google video files either mp3 or mp4 (high/low resolution).

As of now Mipony is working great for me...

1znv5me.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This Mipony is simply a great application. I have scheduled MU and mediafire links and it is working awesome. For MU it waits for the mandatory 45 seconds before staring the next file and utilizes the bandwidth properly (but not fully). Mediafire links can be downloaded simultaneously as it supports parallel downloads even for free user thus utilizing the bandwidth most efficiently (getting 250-350 kBps on MF).

I have a connection drop issue sometimes and there is no way to reconnect automatically (only my PC issue :( ) so this is the only part where manual intervention is required. If you have automatic reconnect (using cidial,reconnect or default windows dialer reconnect--for 3G users only), you don't need to worry about anything. The current file which was downloading when connection went bust will be useless now and mipony will continue with next file on list when internet is available again. For the file that errored out, you just need to click START again for that and it starts from first (because i am free user).

PS: Jdownloader may be good but i tried this first and am liking it but have kept jdownloader too in my PC just in case.

Ok so just wanted to give more information and small review that this Mipony is definitely the application to choose when you need to automate the download from filehosting websites. I have been using it for past few days and it has been awesome. I have mostly megaupload, rapidshare and few mediafire links and all work fine and best part is for RS the waiting time between consecutive files is just 20 seconds as against 5 minutes or so when you try using through browser. For MU it is the customary 45 seconds.
If you are using Jdownloader then try this for once, it just works.

Being a free user, when i download anything from rapidshare, fileserve & filesonic, the speeds starts at say 120kbps and then fluctuates till 200 & then gradually decreases even upto 37-16kbps on using IDM or Mozilla download feature & after that there is no sending/receiving :(

I have 2mbps line & face this issue only with rapidshare, fileserve, filesonic.

Rest, MU,Mfire etc. works just gr888 at full speeds.

Can JDownloader download at stable speeds from rapidshare, fileserve, filesonic??

^^Dont know about Jdownloader but Mipony does manage good speeds, but not full speeds. So the trick is to download files simultaneously from RS/MU etc like i am doing. I have a list of downloads from RS and list of MU also. In some cases we get interchangeable links so in that case just paste all links MU and RS (example) and mipony knows it is interchangable and it will download it accordingly, so effectively only of them starts not a copy of it.

Back