How to block my phone completely which has been stolen :(

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi All,

Last night i had kept my phone for charging on my computer table. Some body has cut open the window mesh and stolen my phone. Now i have applied for duplicate sim.

Now, that i want to block the phone from being used or misused by those thieves, is there any way i can block it using IMEI number. If so please do provide me steps on how to do the same.

Phone lost is LG Optimus One (P500), have not installed any tools which can track the phone or so. Also i did change all my account passwords (2 gmail accounts, facebook, yahoo mail, twitter)

Please help me guys!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Channabasanna S

Not unless you know someone high enough in the food chain.

Phone will be used by anyone who wants to use it, but the sim will be blocked ofcourse.

Make sure you file an FIR (yes you can file an FIR for a stolen phone, only thing is that if it is found then one has to go through the courts) or to the least file it in the lost and found thing at the police station.

sorry for your loss,there is very little chance/no chance of getting back your lost mobile,blocking using IMEI will be done only when you are having a FIR but that itself is a difficult task,even if you happen to get the FIR it's in the service provider hands to block that phone but don't give up just try.

Thanks guys wont be filing any FIR, When i tried ringing my phone, it was showing switched off.

Instead of going around people using the FIR i would rather buy a new android phone.

So i did already have taken the duplicate sim and this will get activated in by tomorrow.

I don't know how the thief will be able to unlock my phone, i had set the pattern lock for that one.

Pattern Lock is easy to break buddy! Just by seeing the phone's Screen, we can be sure of the pattern..

I am sorry for your loss,but just leave it and buy a new phone!

be concious this time and install a tracking software in phone.

Samsung phones come with it by default. So check them

Back