How to build a 15k Basic Rig including a color Printer ?

andrew327

Reseller
Long story short, My cousin came up to my place last saturday. As he wanted to build a basic RIG for normal day to day office usage. And he handed over me 15k saying he won't give me anything more than that :ashamed: for the rig. And yeah he also wanted a Color Printer, 1 Gig RAM & a DVD Writer :( .

So this is what i got for 15k, for him.........

Processor : Intel Celeron D 347 [3.06 Ghz, 533 FSB, 512KB L2] : Rs.1575
Motherboard : Biostar GF7050V-M7 : Rs.2300 [Thanks To Hanzy :clap: ]
RAM : 1GB DDR2 667Mhz Transcend : Rs.875
Monitor: 15" Samsung CRT SyncMaster 594MG: Rs. 3650
Generic Cabinet: iBall i621 & Generic PSU : 400W iBall : Rs. 1175
Optical Drive: Samsung SHS-203D/IDBH 20X SATA DVD Writer: Rs. 1150
Keyboard + Mouse: Microsoft Wired Desktop 500 [Combo]: Rs. 650
Seagate: 160 GB SATA 2 HDD: Rs. 1940
Printer: Canon Inkjet Photo Printer Pixma iP1880: Rs. 1775

Total Damage:- Rs. 15090

Would have made it 15k flat by buying some iball Keyboard & mouse combo but the extra 90 bucks are worth for what i bought. :clap:
Yes no speakers as he already has a set of spks.

Pictures.

P.S:- Please do not :hap5: tell me why i didn't buy this instead of that and crap. The rig is made the owner is happy :clap: . Also i just had 6 hours to buy everything bring it to my place built it and deliver it to my cousins place. That includes OS & other software installation.

H2O said:
Why din't u go for conroe-l ?

Newegg.com - Intel Celeron 430 Conroe-L 1.8GHz 512KB L2 Cache LGA 775 35W Single-Core Processor - Retail

Also I would have preferred 2GB ram maybe 667mhz.

I think u have not read the first post completely the Conore-L costs above 2k here in mumbai. If i was having 2k+ to spend over a CPU i would have bought a E2160 for Rs. 2675... Yes if u had given me some cash above 15k i would have bought a 2GB X 4 Sticks Of RAM instead of the 1 GIG :bleh: . [Money is all that matters.........]

Dude i had 15k, tell me what u might have bought for 15k, which should include a Printer, 1 gig RAM, DVD Writer, 160 GIG HDD & yes it has to be based on LGA 775 Socket & the mobo should support a C2D proci [As the CPU will be upgraded in the nxt few mnths]. Waiting for your config & Do not include International site prices............

Keane 16 said:
That Celly D is a pretty good overclocker when paired with a decent board. I hit 3.8GHz with my Celeron D 336.

Congratulations buddy :hap2: , the prob is this is not my Rig so cannot really OC it ;) .

Good effort. You get a new perspective on how people who can't afford even a mid range PC plan for their systems. I bet you enjoyed the experience :).

IMO, it's much simpler to make decisions when the budget is limited and it's not your PC :D .

That's the reason why i have made a thread over here.... If u have a limited budget u can get a new PC, with gates open for any upgrades in the future.
The only lag in this rig is the CPU. But it will be changed in the near future.
Also the mobo has good OC capabilities as reported by Hanzy.

And no its not simple to make decisions when the budget is limited and it's not your PC. Coz someone trusts u & have given u the responsibility to get him the best for his hard earn money he can get. If it was my pc i know what i want and i can anytime increase my budget.

Overall a good experience and look forward for getting someone even a cheaper rig than this.

Yes, it is very difficult to make a rig in 15k and in only 6hours.

it took five hours for me only to assemble in and 2weeks to get everything(due to bad services in aurangabad)

Back