How to by-pass 24Online client to access internet

trigger

Adept
Connection: SSV internet cable, using 24Online web client

This is supposed to be the topology, i'm planning to put at my place.

I intend to replace my download rig (pc) with this network server due to high electricity bills. I can access internet by logging through the web-client. Now, how am i suppose to use it as a BT downloader without switching on my pc/laptop & logging into the 24Online client?

Hope i'm clear in terms of requirement.

you can check with your ISP that they provide pppoe facility or not. As an ISP our company uses Elitecore's 24 hrs online server. If you want more info you can call me on skype.

I think it is not possible. I used to have the same ISP. Never found anything like this. And one more problem they doesn't provide you the ADSL router just the cable from Switch/Router(in case you are lucky, we used to get connection from a switch here in my area) placed at some lightpost. So basically you don't have access to the router, so simply it's not possible. And they will not change it for I think.

I am in the same soup even I use 24 Online Client with Alliance Broadband and I have no idea on how I should setup up a wifi connection.

^^They wont. Because they doesn't provide that type of connection :)

I used to have the same ISP before changing it to BSNL. I used to face this type of problems. As they provide connection with switch I never could download anything from filesharing sites such as Rapidshare, I always used to get "Your IP is already downloading a file". And even the download speed was very low. And the connection is down most of time.

If you get the that error that this ip is already downloading the file then you can bang the isp coz if they are not providing real dynamic ip to client then can be in trouble. and for the pppoe you can ask them weather they had installed a pppoe server or not.

I used to have a similar internet connection before. From my experience there is no way to access the internet without "logging in" from either their website or through their client. On the other hand, I did get their technician to install a router at my place so as to be able to access it through Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, that was during my ultra n00b days, so I don't know what he did. But it is possible.

Called up SSV, nobody knows nothing. No one knows what is PPPoE?
Regarding setting up the wifi router, technician told me that the MAC needs to be changed. Is it so?

^^ tell them i need to install WIFI router and router only accepts two way of authentication i.e. pppoe,and static ip. Tell them to give any one of this.

So finally, pppoe and static ip aren't available with SSV cable.

I just had a chat with 5net (SSV) guy, he confirmed 5net line is pppoe based. So, i'm planning to shift over it.

Can any existing 5net user confirm this - connection is pppoe based & you don't have to login via any client like 24Online?

trigger said:
Can any existing 5net user confirm this - connection is pppoe based & you don't have to login via any client like 24Online?

I can confirm that. Connection is pppoe based and no client required, the usual windows dialer is used to connect.

trigger said:
^^ Is it something like plug in & access, as in mtnl & bsnl?

No mate, you get the cable from the terrace where switches will be placed. You get the fivenet connection from the same cable that you're using 24 online from, no physical change is required, no modem nothing.

Now instead of using the 24 online client or web page login, fivenet uses pppoe so you just need to configure the windows dialer to connect. Same can be done with your wifi router to login using pppoe i suppose.

As 5Net offers pppoe based connection, i don't need to keep my PC switched on for 24*7. It seems, i'm good to go with the below topology..

Comments welcome..

your problem is solved either you can use router for authentication or your torrent box coz normally pppoe is supported by all router and NAS.

Back