How to bypass company's firewall?

hi,

Our company provides internet connection through a proxy. Recently they have added software like SurfControl to block certain sites. And from the look of it they are filtering the content alongwith the url.
So can anyone suggest me a way to bypass this proxy to access some sites for example : orkut.
I have tried using httpport but cudnt make it wrk. I can not use external anonymous proxies as i dont have a direct connection to internet.

dude companys install such filters so that their employees dont waste time. and you want to do just the opposite. make sure you don't get caught.

Anyway try googling for it. i'm sure you will find lots of sites ;)

Thank you guys for such fast replies.

But every single site you have given link to..is blocked :) They must be blocking out everything with "proxy" as string in it.

@Ferrari

If i had a pc at home with 24 hour net connection, I wud rather access *objectinable* sites at home itself ;)

there is a reason why your company has bloked access to some sites :p your there to work :p

anyway i dont think you should try and get around the rules set by your company. :bleh:

The company may have zillion reasons to block sites but he's asking for ay round it. i used mezzy.com before that was blocked.

we have smartfilter crap here. but gmail works lol and most :p of the sites i go to are not blocked :)

ThunderBolt said:
@Ferrari
If i had a pc at home with 24 hour net connection, I wud rather access *objectinable* sites at home itself ;)

I can think of situations where it will help in office ;)

Btw I am the anti-hero in my company who has super-user control over Qmail , squid+dansguardian(regular expressions)+SARG to do content filtering So i have to keep track of all nonsense going on ;)

Regards

Use the oldest trick in the book, enter the ip address instead of the website name in the address bar.

I Use this method to bypass our university's firewall, works flawlessly.

Dansguardia has an option to ban IP block url's but certain content filters like SquidGuard do a reverse lookup so IP Fails ;)

Regards.

Another cool way to browse the internet at work is to use this cool new proxy application called PEERmadness. Go to www.peermadness.com for all the details on how to use it. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it totally rocks!! It bypasses your companys firewalls by using an encrypted tunnel. Not only can you see what ever website you want, the compay doesn't even know what you're looking at. PEERmadness even blocks ads!! Bonus!!!!:hap2:

Back