How to connect PS2 with Samsung 2233A LCD Monitor

you need an external TV tunner box(intex,techcom) for that.connect ur lcd to the tunner box via VGA and connect ur ps2 with the box with regular component cable.the box may comes with a "component to s-video" plug.It will an inbuilt speaker which is pathtic.If you have a spare set of regular speaker u can connect with it. But experience will not be good.you will get a wash out and stretchout look.PS2 games are meant to be played on regular 21-29 " CRT TVs. hope this will help

or.. you can get a cheapo pci tv tuner, connect your lcd normally to your computer via dvi/hdmi and ps2 through s-video to the internal tv tuner and switch the tv tuner input in a window. That way you can run it at decent quality at the native resolution of your lcd and resize the window as you seem fit.

@..:: Free Radical ::.. : using internal tv tunner is ++ for quality. but there are some irritating lagging Issues which is a great NO-NO for button mushing console games

If you want to achieve the best quality still using your PS2 on your LCD Monitor, then VGA box is a better solution than any TV Tuner on any day of the year. TV tuners really suck for console gaming. I have experienced myself with internal as well as external ones.

I went mad searching for the best solution to hook my PS2 up to my LCD monitor using component av cables and finally I can make a conclusion based on all my hard work behind it. Don't go for cheap VGA boxes, you will compromise with quality. If you want to make one-time investment and want to have the best one, simply go for the XCM Mega Cool VGA Box from team xcm.
I am sure, you won't regret.
The cheapest is available over here:
Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions! - Play-Asia.com

You may also want to take a look at this video displaying its performance on an HD LCD Monitor: YouTube - XCM 1080p Mega-Cool VGA Box

Back