Car & Bike How to dispose of a car

soggy316

Adept
********Disclaimer**********

There may or may not be a dead hooker in the trunk.

********Disclaimer**********

Long story short, I have a ~33 year old Toyota (a corona) Imported from Russia (vodka included). It belonged to my grandfather's brother. He passed away in the late 90's. Nobody did anything about his possessions for a few years, and then in the early 00's the documents were submitted to change the owner. The RTO guy who was given the documents died or got transferred (he is not contactable at all) and the original documents were lost. A set of photocopies of the RTO docs was recovered and that's all the documentation we have. The car has been lying in my garage for an eternity, and now I am trying to get rid it.

Any ideas on how I can legally get rid of it once an for all? Is a donation to a college's mechanical engineering department possible? Can i get it into flim set and have it blown up?

I have considered grinding off the engine and chassis numbers, but I am not sure if we have Amreeka style compactors that can finish the job. I don't want the car being on the headlines for its role in a robbery/terror plot etc (although if they get it started they probably deserve an award of some sort).

That would be a good idea, get the garbage collectors to come and take apart what ever they find useful and then use whatever money you get fr that to have the rest carted away to a govt. dump site. The garbage collectors would know where..

you can easily sell it off for Rs 50~80 K. check out ads for old cars on olx to get an idea about its right price. any car collector would love to restore it. you can put a "For Sale" board on it and park near front gate or on the road. interested people would surely approach you.

Also post this thread in any indian automobile forum like bhp forum.....not the bike bhp forum.

Last edited:
the issue is that the there are no original papers (except for a set of copies) in my possession. otherwise I would have got rid of it a long time ago.

Back