How to do valuations for old coins and notes?

Vagabond

Adept
Hello,

Recently I met one of my relatives who has lot of Indian old currency coins and notes collection. He isn`t collector but somehow during his job, these old currency comes his way and he had sorted it out as its outdated currency now.

He had been suggested by many to sell it across as many of it are rare and can fetch good value for it. Being from small town and barely known to internet he has approached me to help in this matter.

Few Google search gave me site suggestions which I am not sure if are legit or work as seller. Looked on olx and see many ads, the pricing there seems to be so unrealistic and seem impossible to get a buyer.

My questions to people collecting coins or sold their collection -

1. How shall one find the "value" of each coin in present day?

2. What are the platforms (online/offline) that will give me such valuation pricing etc.?

3. Are there any laws one needs to follow doing such trades in India?

Thanks,

http://www.indiancurrencies.com

just check the prices on this hobby site. It should give you the value of coins you hold. People on olx/quikr are retards who expect 5k 10k for a 1/2 anna coin which they found in their dead grandpa's underwear. Few coins I wanted, I bought from the above website. It is still little bit higher than what you can buy from a coin collector directly. There are many such groups in fb

just check the prices on this hobby site. It should give you the value of coins you hold. People on olx/quikr are retards who expect 5k 10k for a 1/2 anna coin which they found in their dead grandpa's underwear. Few coins I wanted, I bought from the above website. It is still little bit higher than what you can buy from a coin collector directly. There are many such groups in fb

Thanks for replying. I will check the available coins and its value on this site. So far came across many sites but didn`t knew which ones are legit to deal with.

Unfortunately I don`t use fb but are the would like to know more about groups there. How was your experience?

Did you get the coins in mint condition or like old and weathered?

Here is a pic from the collection...

Attachments

• IMG-20181112-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20181112-WA0024.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 271
Thanks for replying. I will check the available coins and its value on this site. So far came across many sites but didn`t knew which ones are legit to deal with.

Unfortunately I don`t use fb but are the would like to know more about groups there. How was your experience?
I too don't use FB. Just google "coin collectors india fb" and you'll find many groups. I saw a few few years back before I deactivated my fb[DOUBLEPOST=1542280796][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you get the coins in mint condition or like old and weathered?
used. but not like totally faded. Just regular used.[DOUBLEPOST=1542280829][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here is a pic from the collection...
these are old as ****. looks like coins used during kingdoms ruled india

I want to buy Rs.2 and Rs.5 bundle (of 100 new notes). Earlier, they were available on ebay.in but I got lazy and ebay.in died.

Where can I get them from?

Not me, i know lot of people who are into this type of collective stuff.
Some items are rare to rarest... and we never know the actual value of same..
Some coin like you uploaded a photo of was sold for 80K INR.. value to right DEALER.

If you have no knowledge thats not good, try someone trusted and approach right dealers.. in local areas.
(ONLINE SITES ARE SCAM)

(Those value stuff will get traded ahead)..

Not me, i know lot of people who are into this type of collective stuff.
Some items are rare to rarest... and we never know the actual value of same..
Some coin like you uploaded a photo of was sold for 80K INR.. value to right DEALER.

If you have no knowledge thats not good, try someone trusted and approach right dealers.. in local areas.
(ONLINE SITES ARE SCAM)

(Those value stuff will get traded ahead)..

Can you introduce me to such people, it will benefit both parties.

There was a trusted faceook group (not large they had trusted sellers/purchasers from Mum..
Try to search sometime yourself, i am getting huge numer of list at present, will share the right one if come across it.

I am checking for the right contact as well.

There was a trusted faceook group (not large they had trusted sellers/purchasers from Mum..
Try to search sometime yourself, i am getting huge numer of list at present, will share the right one if come across it.

I am checking for the right contact as well.

All right, I will try to get on fb and search.

My questions to people collecting coins or sold their collection -

1. How shall one find the "value" of each coin in present day?

2. What are the platforms (online/offline) that will give me such valuation pricing etc.?

Thanks,
You would first need to identify the denomination and era they come from. Whether there is anything unique about those denominations or regular issue

Then shop around for prices of that era.

Take your time :)

Maybe you should try in an antique store. There are usually people who have all the information necessary for evaluation of old coins and notes. They might also give good advise where those coins could be sold. I think that only collectors would be interested in buying...

Back