PC Peripherals How to get Hardware from outside India & Related Doubts

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Aug 24, 2005
www.erodov.com
Hmm,

for the record, I have myself ordered and gotten delivered to my door step, 1 Razer eXactMat, 1 eXactMat + 1 Copperhead, 2 Copperheads etc, and wasnt charged customs or anything. The value was around $100 couple of times and it was couriered straight in w/o any pauses (from USA.) UPS ~ 5 days.

So i dunno what the exact rules r. I mean if $100 is fine, then we could easily order and get delivered stuff like processors and mobos (DFI Ultra-D for $126) Just you hv to digest the ridiculous shipping rates. But I am not sure if the Mobos will get past the Customs (if there is any in the pipeline)

Just my 2 cents.

Karan

KwokFist

Disciple
Aug 29, 2005
Well if anyone's getting stuff couriered make sure its gift-marked and there's should be a declaration as to wats inside.. and as far the fee for the courier is concerned its totally dependant on the weight

For Eg: U can get a US Postal Services Airmailed courier gift-marked with declaration of the goods inside and signature of the sender on it delivered to ur doorstep... and the cost of the same is dependant on the weight..

I ordered some free cd's and made sure they came giftmarkd.. and they did no customs to be paid..

Ordered a large number of ubuntu linux cd's (want some ask PM me) customs got hold of it .. and sent a letter to provide them with invoice and pricelist.. well i neither had both.. It was free. sent back a letter. . but it was already delivered to the local post office.. and duty levied was 700.. But today got a call.. saying that it was the last day to send it back claim it for 50% of the duty levied.. got the cd's home for 350:p.. altho i didnt want to mum got it home:p..

so anything that is sent in courier as GIFT-MARKED wont be checked by the customs.. dont matter which services:)..