How To Get Internet On a Laptop on the go Without Express card slot

whyforu7

Disciple
HI Guys,
Though i'm new and rarely posted any posts in this site, i Have read various topics & reviews from this site which were really helpful.... Guys here r really helpful....... Ok coming to the topic..
I'm planning to buy Macbook in US...... coming to India after that
Just wanted to know if i can get continuous net connection to my laptop coz i will not be at one place constantly..... If i buy a reliance card i dont have a express ard slot in it (macbook).........
So, im really confused..... Is there any way to get Internet from any service....
I dont mind about the speed.........
Any advice would be appreciated.......... (plz dont advice not to buy Macbook coz i think i cannt change my mind on that & have fallen in love with it )

Just wanted to tell that i will be in Hyderabad most of the time.... So any service limited to Hyderabad is also ok with me....
Waiting for help........

thanx for the info.......... came to know thaT RELIANCE, TATA & AIRTEL offer plug2surf.........
Can i know which one is good for an unlimited net.........
any advice is appreciated

Dunno if those usb modems work with OSX though. Do they use DHCP durectly or require some software install? You need to check. Else U will have to dual boot with Xp (supported now :) ) and use the net.

I am using Tata Plug2Surf for a while now with my lappie and it works great. Speeds are not exactly blazing but fast enough. Much much faster than regular dialup. Kinda close to 128K connection.

But it does not support MacOS. Only windows operating system supported.

Thanx guys....... it would be nice if TATA works with MAC .. i think its Rs1000 a opposed to Reliance 1500 RS for an unlimited plan

Back