How to get PCC for Visa done?

Otaku

Adept
Hello friends,

I need your suggestions on how to get PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) done for NZ work visa. Here is my situation-

1. I am staying in Bangalore since last 2.5 years at same address. Passport has a different address.

2. For PCC one needs Proof of Residence (POR). Only POR, I have is HP gas connection.

3. As per this India Passport website link, Attachment Advisor 'proof of gas connection' is required as POR. Proof would mean last one year gas cylinder bills one gets when he gets a refill delivered. I have not retained those, as never though they would be important. Also, 'Certificate from reputed companies' POR won't apply, as company needs to be public listed, and mine is not. Postpaid mobile bills of private operators is not accepted. Bank account statement would not be valid as the branch is at Hyderabad (bank account is in HDFC).

Given above situation, what do you suggest? I am thinking of getting delivery dates on gas passbook from gas agency (seems difficult, but see no other option). If I have the delivery dates, it would show that I have been staying at the same location since last 2.5 years.

Please let me know your suggestion or put me in touch with someone who has faced similar situation. Contacted 3 passport agents, but they never got back after I explained them my case. :p

Thanks,
O

Coming to NZ to search for job? all the best in finding one.If coming via company with job in hand, then have fun gazing at cow and sheep.

Metalspree said:
PCC is pretty strict process.I don't think bribing will work.

Hmm, is this different from the PCC required for visas to other countries? I was asked a similar thing, and that's what I did to get it done.

^ PCC is different from Police Verification when new passport is applied for. In my case, I have problem with proof of residence. Guess, I will get duplicate bills from HP.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

agantuk said:
Get a notary affidavit and pay a few bucks to the police. You will go through :)

PCC now goes through passport office. Anyway, would not prefer the 'way' you suggested.:p

Metalspree said:
Coming to NZ to search for job? all the best in finding one.If coming via company with job in hand, then have fun gazing at cow and sheep.

Yeah, have a job offer. Ah, pains of Visa filing!

TheITWares said:
If u have lost those bills just contact HP Gas and ask them to give u new copies for the same.

have you tried that or know anybody who accomplished this? :)

Posted the same query on Expat forums. Hope to find somebody who has gone through similar situation.

Otaku said:
PCC now goes through passport office. Anyway, would not prefer the 'way' you suggested.:p

Yes mine was through the passport office only. Of course there was work involved there too ;)

You can alternatively try the 'way' with the guys at the gas agency. Rest is upto how desperate you are for the visa and how long you are willing to wait :) If you have time, you won't need to adopt these tactics :)

^ Are you trying to get a passport or a Visa?

Are you trying to get it through Tatkal?

If yes, just an affidavit is no good. You WILL need either a ration card or a voter ID card. Presuming you do not have those, you will need a letter from an IAS, IPS or IFS officer. If you know someone who can give you a latter stating your residence at that address, you can get that and submit it as proof. You can supplement that with a Notary affidavit.

If you are not going the Tatkal route, you can submit any one address proof, like bank statement.

^ Affidavit for PoR for PCC. One more thing, can landline or post-paid bill from Airtel considered as POR? Site just says 'telephone or post-paid bill'.

^ Wow...that would be great. I have Airtel land line bills!

Just back from visit to Bangalore RPO. They confirmed that Airtel Landline bills are valid POR, so am happy. For my wife, who does not have any POR, a local bank account + marriage certificate will be fine. Will post more updates after filing PCC application...

Latest update: Filed for Visa and expect it in next 4-5 weeks. Should be landing in Auckland with family in mid of coming January. Any TE memebers living in NZ/Auckland? Please share your experience and contact me by PM. I will need your suggestions to 'adjust' to NZ life. :)

Back