OC & Modding How to install Temperature Probes

ak56u

Disciple
I received my NZXT 921-RB cabinet just yesterday and assembled everything. The only problem I am facing is that it has three temperature probes, one for the HDD, one for CPU and one says SYS. I don't know how and where to install them. I am using an Asus g31d-m7 motherboard with intel core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz processor, a seagate 500 GB barracuda SATA hard disk and AMD HD 7750. I will soon change the processor and motherboard to an i5 configuration(already have the mobo), but i want to install those temperature probes for the time being. Please help me out!

- - - Updated - - -

This is how the temperature probes look:

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/cases/NZXT/Guardian921/images/probes.jpg

The CPU probe can be gently pushed under the heatsink, you want to ensure it touches the bottom of the sink or the side of the IHS. This is to be done after heatsink installation. You may need to work blind and use feel instead of sight (a skill that is remarkably useful at certain times). If you want to avoid the hassle just stick it in one of the fins of the sink, though airflow will cause a slightly incorrect reading.

The HDD probe is best rested in the small gap between the disk and its cage.

SYS can be placed anywhere you want. In free air it will measure ambient temp inside the case, it can also be jammed into the northbridge heatsink or a video card.

Note that you can measure any temperature you want, it's just a set of labels.

Yup the sys temp diode can be inserted to whatever temps u want o measure such as between heatsink fins, just underneath heatsink, gpu and even psu.

use clear tape for pasting of temperature probes:-
1. for cpu lose the cpu heat sink a little and insert gently the temperature prob and tighten the heat sink screw again.
2. for hdd paste with the help of clear tape on the upper surface of the hdd.
3. for system pase on the roof of the cabby with claear tape.
one thing keep in mind never bend the temperature prob it will damage on bending.

Back