How to protect PS3 from Power Surge?

So recently I bought a used PS3 for my nephew. But within 2 months it stopped working. Took it to nearby service center and they said that the power fluctuations has cause the internals to bust and it costed us around 3.5k to repair it.

Now that it is repaired and back with us, what should we do to avoid this from happening again. Can I just use simple "surge protector" to avoid this issue? or do I need to buy UPS? If so, does a normal one that we use for PC will do? One of the PC shop guys suggest to go with 1KVA ups but just for PS3, spending 6k for UPS is too high considering that we bought the PS3 for just 10k.

Please help me with this situation and tell me what should I do to safeguard PS3?

Note: Since this is my sisters rental place, no UPS is installed for backup. Also they are about to buy a new house to which they will install UPS for backup.

A cheap power strip or multi point but with a 3-5 Amp fuse in it might protect in case of surge. For better protection, a simple UPS ought to do. Doesn't has to be a new one either. Just make sure battery is in good condition if going for a pre-owned unit.

A cheap power strip or multi point but with a 3-5 Amp fuse in it might protect in case of surge. For better protection, a simple UPS ought to do. Doesn't has to be a new one either. Just make sure battery is in good condition if going for a pre-owned unit.
Does THIS one works fine?
if its the slim ps3, its peak usage is 100 w. Just get this one. You can connect TV and other things too because of the headroom
As I said, my sister is going to have the whole house UPS backup for her new house. And that would set us back by 25k approx. So how about a simple power strip? Does it work fine?

Back