How to sell the dematerialised shares in ICICI direct.com?

After the shares gets dematerialized in ICICI direct.com demat act and show in the bank account where do we have to go and sell them. Like can you let me know the option or guide me where in which option I should go and select the sell option

The 1st time when it got dematerialized from Physical and it went to online I could see it just one time. After that I have never seen in the account but it shows in every quarterly balance sheet its still there in the account. So how should I go and sell it. Please can you help me guys. Some of you who have icici direct act for demat can you please help me out.

Call your ICICI direct advisor if you want someone to hold your hand thru the process of selling shares in your account from start to end. There are free sessions given by ICICI on trading too. Plus there is some online training portal of theirs.

For where to look for shares after you've purchased then, look for a demat holdings link. I think you can see it on home page in equity section after logging in.

Check under "Trade&Invest->Portfolio->Equity".

As you did not buy these from the market, they might not be added in the portfolio.
In that case check under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Demat Allocation"
If the allocated quantity shows as nil the you need to click on "Allocate" button and enter the Demat quantity mentioned next to each scrip and select "Allocate" everywhere and click Submit.
Once the shares are under allocated category you will be able to sell them under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Cash Sell".
Enter the correct quantity, scrip name, order validity as "Day", order type as "Market" and click "Sell Now". You will have to confirm it once again IIRC.
Check under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Order Book" for status of your sell order. If you selected Market Sell order then it will sell immediately and will appear as "Executed" with the selling price mentioned.

The site has a lot of help on various options available.

Check under "Trade&Invest->Portfolio->Equity".

As you did not buy these from the market, they might not be added in the portfolio.
In that case check under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Demat Allocation"
If the allocated quantity shows as nil the you need to click on "Allocate" button and enter the Demat quantity mentioned next to each scrip and select "Allocate" everywhere and click Submit.
Once the shares are under allocated category you will be able to sell them under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Cash Sell".
Enter the correct quantity, scrip name, order validity as "Day", order type as "Market" and click "Sell Now". You will have to confirm it once again IIRC.
Check under "Trade&Invest->Equity->Order Book" for status of your sell order. If you selected Market Sell order then it will sell immediately and will appear as "Executed" with the selling price mentioned.

The site has a lot of help on various options available.
Thanks a lot proing for the steps. It was just way beyong expected. Very nicely explained. I didn't had to looked for anything. Just followed your steps and have kept it for selling.

I think OP has looked the shares in online banking account (icicibank.com) where in you can see you holdings. If you want to buy/sell then you need to login to icicidirect.com.

All further steps follow as instructed above.

What does execute means in status. Does it means that the shares have been sold or not please do let me know. If yes then the money comes instantly in my account or does it take time. i have pasted the screenshot please let me know.
upload_2013-9-20_2-33-42.png

you sold on Friday, sat and sunday holidays. Monday and Tuesday as +2 days
will get the money credited max by Wednesday...

btw amount will be after deduction of brokerage

All this is under Equity tab.
Once the entire trade is completed(T+2 mentioned above) the entry gets added to "Trade Book" where the brokerage etc is mentioned. If you want the entire details, click on the contract note hyperlink. It will download a pdf which will have all the details.

As the money is yet to come in your account, you can check the "Cash Projection" tab which will show the amount incoming (in this case) and the date which it will be credited.

Once the money is in your account you will have to transfer it from the trading account into the bank account.
To do this go under "Modify Allocation" tab and enter the amount from "Current Allocation" + "Blocked for Trade" and select "Reduce" and then Submit. I am guessing that the amount will come under "Blocked for Trade" heading, while the current allocation will be populated if you have added any funds.
This tab is also used when you want to buy anything. You need to transfer funds from the bank account to the trading account and ICICI allows you to separate it under different headings.

Once the entire trade is completed(T+2 mentioned above) the entry gets added to "Trade Book" where the brokerage etc is mentioned. If you want the entire details, click on the contract note hyperlink. It will download a pdf which will have all the details.

As the money is yet to come in your account, you can check the "Cash Projection" tab which will show the amount incoming (in this case) and the date which it will be credited.

Once the money is in your account you will have to transfer it from the trading account into the bank account.
To do this go under "Modify Allocation" tab and enter the amount from "Current Allocation" + "Blocked for Trade" and select "Reduce" and then Submit. I am guessing that the amount will come under "Blocked for Trade" heading, while the current allocation will be populated if you have added any funds.
This tab is also used when you want to buy anything. You need to transfer funds from the bank account to the trading account and ICICI allows you to separate it under different headings.
This is what in shows in contract notes after I read your entire thing.

upload_2013-9-21_12-23-15.png

I selected this proing. Let me know if I am correct. But how should I transfer the amount to my mom's bank account as this is my mom's demat account and its directly linked to her bank act and after this gets transferred I need to ask the bank to close the account or they would charge this month's charge also. Every month they charge some amount and it directly gets deducted from her bank account. Also I wanted to know after her money gets transferred, whats the procedure to close this ICICI direct demat account. Please do let me know bro. Check the image.
upload_2013-9-24_3-47-17.png

I am not sure about your questions but will try.

From the pic, there in no amount allocated for shares etc. so its available in your mom`s bank account. She can withdraw/transfer via online banking (www.icicibank.com). Any amount that has been allotted can`t be withdrawn.

- You can`t transfer money from icicidirect.com to your account.
- You can clear (sell) or transfer to other demat account all share holding and apply for closing of demat account.
- Not sure about the monthly charges occurring, might be the brokerage plan or any transaction charges. You can ask the bank about its details.
- Usually they charge annual charges for demat account and transaction charges (brokerage) as and when you buy/sell/trade the shares.

Hope this helps.

@Vagabond has already answered your queries. I'll just add my inputs.

As there is no amount under the "current Allocation" and "Blocked" for trade, there is n0 money in the ICICIDirect account. Either you have transferred the amount or it has automatically been transferred. The 13K is in the linked bank account(Your Mom's). Check the Bank account balance via phone banking/online etc.

AFAIK there is no monthly charge deducted on a regular ICICI account. You'll probably have to maintain an average of 10K in the account to avoid charges but those are calculated quarterly. Check the statement, call the bank, ask questions if you feel the amount is wrongly charged and it might get reversed. Doesn't matter as you are anyway going to close the account.

I have no idea regarding closing the Demat account, you'll have to call the bank for that. Gather all the info and close the bank account+ demat account+ trading account in a single visit to the branch.

I have shares in my ICICI demat a/c purchased long back and wasn't trading for quite some time. Also I am not very adept at demat a/c operation. There are some shares in my portfolio. However, I could find some shares with allocated quantity in 'demat allocation' link but not reflected in the portfolio. Now I want to understand, if the shares shown in demat allocation are in my a/c and whether they can be traded & how? If they can be traded(sold), how to know their cost price.
Pl. help

I have shares in my ICICI demat a/c purchased long back and wasn't trading for quite some time. Also I am not very adept at demat a/c operation. There are some shares in my portfolio. However, I could find some shares with allocated quantity in 'demat allocation' link but not reflected in the portfolio. Now I want to understand, if the shares shown in demat allocation are in my a/c and whether they can be traded & how? If they can be traded(sold), how to know their cost price.
Pl. help

Click on allocate shares to demat. Demat allocated shares are same ones that appear in your portfolio. You can edit it in portfolio page.

After allocation, you can see scrip code/ allotted quantity / current price / etc. along with buy sell option.

Same appears on portfolio page, with profit / loss details shown.

Back