How to ship packages to the US of A?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Edible content. ~500gm.
How much do they cost? What courier is recommended? Do we have anything like the USPS which can ship things affordable? Even though I've lost 2 of my packages this way. :cry:

Post office?

They like to boast how fast they can send stuff to the US but cannot answer why things take longer the other way around.

If only it was just "longer." I got two shipments from the US a couple of years ago. USPS said they delivered it to India. But India Post denied it and refused to claim responsibility.

If only it was just "longer." I got two shipments from the US a couple of years ago. USPS said they delivered it to India. But India Post denied it and refused to claim responsibility.
There will be no issue from our side. Better to check American regs on food items. I don't think there will be any problem.

Do we have anything like the USPS which can ship things affordable?

If your city has a FPO or even a GPO, the service is referred to as 'Ordinary Post' by the postal workers. There's no pre-inspection of the package or tracking number but it is very affordable. You can calculate postage online here: https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/calculatePostage.aspx by using 'Small Packet' and purchase stamps to fix on the package.

Postal routes to the US are pretty robust and take around two to three weeks. I've shipped a few hundred over the last few years and not a single one was lost. The longest delivery time was 41 days but that was right after the lockdown. These days it's around two weeks.

You will need to attach a customs form, the post office would generally give you a really detailed and complicated form to fill in triplicate or duplicate along with your name and aadhar card and phone number, but I just use a simpler version that I found and modified online. Without a customs form, the parcel will be rejected by Indian Customs and returned to you with the postage stamps voided.

Attachments

• CN22.jpeg
    CN22.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 74
Back