Graphic Cards How to Stable OC RX 6800 XT

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I Have Sapphire Nitro + RX6800XT
currently using the amd radeon software, I was able to get the below readings for oc :

GPU Min freq: 2300MHz
GPU Max freq: 2512MHz
GPU Voltage: 1000mV (limited with MPT)
VRAM Frequency: 2150MHz w. FT
Power limit: +15%

Now I added below changes to it:

GPU Min freq: 2400MHz
GPU Max freq: 2600MHz
GPU Voltage: 1000mV (limited with MPT)
VRAM Frequency: 2150MHz w. FT
Power limit: +15%

It works fine, but sometime in game I get the laggy / shatter behavior. mostly, I think is due to temperature or something. Fan profile was on 80% for high temp.
Can someone help here ? OC does really help in FPS grain. is this the cpu or the gpu which cause the issue.

I also noticed that after upgrading to Radeon 22.2.3, when I try to save a game clip it cause the same behavior but the stutter is gone. I have only once had a game crash like more than 2 weeks back. no other issue.

You havent mentioned the temps earlier and later!
was not able to map the temps. as its below 84C for what I have seen. currently its 45C or so if not doing anything. also I think their is something with the recording function, for a 2 min clip, its now increased to 750mb from 450mb. so is this due to the storing on ssd. no shutter in gameplay. only when I save the video.

I Have Sapphire Nitro + RX6800XT
currently using the amd radeon software, I was able to get the below readings for oc :

Now I added below changes to it:

It works fine, but sometime in game I get the laggy / shatter behavior. mostly, I think is due to temperature or something. Fan profile was on 80% for high temp.
Can someone help here ? OC does really help in FPS grain. is this the cpu or the gpu which cause the issue.

I also noticed that after upgrading to Radeon 22.2.3, when I try to save a game clip it cause the same behavior but the stutter is gone. I have only once had a game crash like more than 2 weeks back. no other issue.
what software are you using for recording?

what software are you using for recording?
I take clips from the Radeon Software 22.2.3. much easy on system. the lag is for 2 to 3 sec max but now I need to decide when to take the click. else it fells like my pc is remote controlled. 22.2.2 or before this issue don't exist and the max file size was 450mb but gpu shutter was a thing in game. have faced it multiple times in valorant. don't recall it in warzone or other game. now that issue is not present or atleast I have not faced it after drivers upgrade. I also doubt that its the c drive space as its only showing 3 gb of 930 gb or so as available :/

I take clips from the Radeon Software 22.2.3. much easy on system. the lag is for 2 to 3 sec max but now I need to decide when to take the click. else it fells like my pc is remote controlled. 22.2.2 or before this issue don't exist and the max file size was 450mb but gpu shutter was a thing in game. have faced it multiple times in valorant. don't recall it in warzone or other game. now that issue is not present or atleast I have not faced it after drivers upgrade. I also doubt that its the c drive space as its only showing 3 gb of 930 gb or so as available :/
Most likely the last point could be the issue and bottleneck.
You can try maybe recording via Xbox Game bar (Windows key + G)

Back