Windows How To Stop Unwanted Process To Start Automatically When Windows Start ?

Revolution

Skilled
Hi,
I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64bit.
We have Autocad,MS Office,Vitual box and many other application installed.
I want to stop all unwanted useless process(including auto-update except AV) from windows start up.
When Win7 installed for 1st time there were mare 36-37 all total process.
Now they have become near 50.
I want to mark those unwanted process from Task Manager and want stop/manual(not auto start service) so that they don't star automatically and slow down PC.
If there is any better and easy way to solve this pls don't hesitate to share.....

Hit the start button.

Type "msconfig" and hit enter.

You will see a screen like this. Disable all the Services and Startup programs you don't need.

upload_2014-11-13_21-2-39.png

Try this, then.

Hit start.

Type "services.msc" and hit enter.

You will see a list of running services. You can go into the properties of each one that is listed as Automatic and stop the service and change the mode to Manual.

Be careful about which ones you turn off though. You don't want to disable important ones.

upload_2014-11-13_21-19-25.png

Thank!
Would u like me tell me which are bare essential process of Win 7 ?
I want run as min as possible which are not required at start up except like AV.....

A simple tool to disable/enable startup processes can be found in CCleaner. It's found under the Startup tab of Tools section. It's very simple to use. You can try that.

Make sure you do not install any important startup process. Do your research.

About turning off services, no one will be able to provide you with a list of which ones to turn off, as there are just too many services which run on the system. If there is anyone willing to help with that, they might post.

But, if you are not knowledgeable about the services, my advice is not to venture there, as turning off an important service can cause unnecessary problems.

Just stick to turning off the startup processes.

A simple tool to disable/enable startup processes can be found in CCleaner. It's found under the Startup tab of Tools section. It's very simple to use. You can try that.

+1 to it. I have been using it for more than 10 years.
You need to first decide what is bare minimum for you. List down the processes that you need to run. A good place to start is with Viper's recommendations as mentioned by @puns.
Then start the CCleaner and move to the Tools->Startup. Pick the one you don't want to run at startup and disable. Do it for resgistry as well as start up menu. Restart the machine.

Back