How to store PS4 & laptop long term?

unni

Adept
I don't plan to use my PS4 and laptop for the next couple of months. So, I need a way to store them without worrying about dust, humidity, cockroaches, rats, ants etc. The PS4 along with its box is 47 cm x 38 cm 12 cm (length x height x width). It will be either kept under my bed or in a wooden almirah.

What would be a good option to store them worry free? So far, I have short listed these 2:
  1. Plastic box: Aristo Multipurpose Plastic Storage Container Box With Wheels 70 Ltr (Clear,Transparent), 62 x 45 x 38 cm, Rectangular
  2. Nylon bag: Storite Multi-Purpose Moisture Proof Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Nylon 110 L Super-Size Large Toys/Stationery Paper/Blankets/Clothes Storage Bag -Black/Red (63.5 x 45.7 x 38 cm, Rectangular)
The Nylon bag says its moisture proof. So, I am inclined more towards it. Is there any disadvantage in keeping PS4 and a laptop inside the Nylon bag for probably over 12 months? I am in Kerala, where we get several months of rain. So, humidity is a big concern.

Please give your suggestions.

Clean dust and grime from your devices and wrap them up in thick plastic bags along with a few packets of silica gel (the desiccant). You'd need to replace or recharge the desiccant periodically. Batteries also need to be recharged after a few months, to at least 80%.

Professionals, whose livelihoods depend on their electronics (cameras, hard disks etc), keep them in dedicated humidity maintainers (Dry Cabinets). People also keep their expensive watches in a similar manner. However, you don't need such elaborate measures.

That hard plastic box you linked is a good option.

I don't plan to use my PS4 and laptop for the next couple of months. So, I need a way to store them without worrying about dust, humidity, cockroaches, rats, ants etc. The PS4 along with its box is 47 cm x 38 cm 12 cm (length x height x width). It will be either kept under my bed or in a wooden almirah.

What would be a good option to store them worry free? So far, I have short listed these 2:
  1. Plastic box: Aristo Multipurpose Plastic Storage Container Box With Wheels 70 Ltr (Clear,Transparent), 62 x 45 x 38 cm, Rectangular
  2. Nylon bag: Storite Multi-Purpose Moisture Proof Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Nylon 110 L Super-Size Large Toys/Stationery Paper/Blankets/Clothes Storage Bag -Black/Red (63.5 x 45.7 x 38 cm, Rectangular)
The Nylon bag says its moisture proof. So, I am inclined more towards it. Is there any disadvantage in keeping PS4 and a laptop inside the Nylon bag for probably over 12 months? I am in Kerala, where we get several months of rain. So, humidity is a big concern.

Please give your suggestions.
Keep them connected to power. Things break down more when not used.

Back