Storage Solutions How to Sync iOS files to Android automatically using Syncthing or other apps locally?

mantheman

Disciple
I want to move/copy my photos from iPhone to Android whenever I am connected to my local network automatically.
Since I use a custom ROM on my Android, Google Photos backup is FREE and Unlimited for Videos and Photos, and I basically wanted to move my media from iPhone to Android and let it back up to Google Photos.

I know Syncthing but I haven't used it and I've heard there is no app for iOS. How to make this work?

First turn off iCloud Photos syncing.

Install google photos on iOS, enable sync.

In google photos turn off, use mobile data when there's no Wi-fi.

Now your photos will be backed up when ever it is connected to Wi-fi and it should also show up in your android phone.

Install google photos on iOS
TLDR, I need to transfer/sync files from iOS to Android. So your method is not applicable for me.

Unlimted google photos backup works only from Android since, its a custom ROM and google sees my android as Pixel device, hence Free unlimited uploads from android..

Last edited:
I have this working with resilio sync. I have a Google pixel 2 XL doing the same thing as you mentioned.
On iphone, I saw the camera folder backup. There is also manual folder creation.
Is there anyway I can just point to pre-existing folders like lets say, the whatsapp media folder pm the iPhone?

On iphone, I saw the camera folder backup. There is also manual folder creation.
Is there anyway I can just point to pre-existing folders like lets say, the whatsapp media folder pm the iPhone?
I was not able to find a way to do that yet, it was not a requirement for me. If you find anything you can share, if you want folder wise then I guess you will have to use something like icloudpd or similar. I did not explore much as backing up my whole camera directory was enough for me.

Is the free version enough to automatically transfer photos & files from iPhone to android at regular intervals?
yup, the only drawback is that you have to keep the application open on the iPhone to transfer. Apple doesn't allow active background connections as such, so I guess that's something that will not have a workaround.

yup, the only drawback is that you have to keep the application open on the iPhone to transfer. Apple doesn't allow active background connections as such, so I guess that's something that will not have a workaround.
And is it an incremental backup? Like existing files are skipped or it’s a complete backup each time?

And is it an incremental backup? Like existing files are skipped or it’s a complete backup each time?
It is incremental. Though you can change it in the settings. I am only able to backup in low quality since I have a Pixel 2 XL, additionally sometimes few video files have problems uploading over Google photos.

Back