Storage Solutions How to update correct warranty details for RMAd WD drives ?

ashu

Disciple
Hi Guys bumping old thread. I submitted my WD Blue 500 GB Internal hdd to Churney road service center, mumbai on 20 jan 2014. From yesterday, system is showing the replacement drive is shipped and it is WD7501AALS. I think it is WD Black 750 GB :)
But when I am checking warranty for it, it is showing only till may 2014 :(, whereas my old drive had warranty till Nov 2014. Can i ask customer care to update warranty details as per old hdd once i received replaced HDD.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys bumping old thread. I submitted my WD Blue 500 GB Internal hdd to Churney road service center, mumbai on 20 jan 2014. From yesterday, system is showing the replacement drive is shipped and it is WD7501AALS. I think it is WD Black 750 GB :)
But when I am checking warranty for it, it is showing only till may 2014 :(, whereas my old drive had warranty till Nov 2014. Can i ask customer care to update warranty details as per old hdd once i received replaced HDD.
Thanks in advance.

Yes mail them right away giving reference of old serial number with more warranty...they will update ur new also with more warranty...:)

They usually use Fedex/Bluedart. You should have received a tracking number in mail
Last month i RMAed 500gb Black...They sent it via UPS in my case....for tracking number you need to login in WD account and head over to RMA Status on right top corner on some page of RMA details...there you will see dispatched tracking number...:)

Guys received the WD Black 750 GB HDD :) , sent a mail to support team to update warranty details with screenshots. Let see.
Overall experince was very good, received HDD in flat 4 days.
Thanks.

Thanks in advance.
From where you found their address?
I see packing and collecting from your door step for RMA.Just for curiosity asking since it looks a rapid work.

From where you found their address?
I see packing and collecting from your door step for RMA.Just for curiosity asking since it looks a rapid work.

When u apply for RMA, their are three options, pickup, drop off, and sending it urself.

So, when u select drop-off, they show the address..

hi guys, i bought a WD 1TB mypassport on 5/8/2013 through flipkart and didn't bother to check the warranty status but last month i checked warranty info the remaining warranty is till 26/4/2016. Is there any way to update the warranty status?, whom to contact.

Back