How to use DC++ with sify while using a router

gee

Disciple
Ok.. so I got a new wireless router (Linksys wrt54g2 couldn't find buffalo anywhere in lamington road). Its configured and I am able to share my sify internet connection on my pc and laptop. I was using dc++ earlier and would like to use it with the router. When I go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties >> General .... its set to Obtain IP automatically. Should I go to alternate configuration and enter the ip address etc for dc++ there or is it supposed to be done through the router ... and if so how do I configure it ?

also after I connected the router I tried pinging my gateway and now it takes a lot longer (3ms-22ms) compared to <1ms earlier. I this because of the router ?

take the sify lan wire and put it into the lan port of the router instead of the internet port, then in the computer do not select automatically obtain ip address, enter the ip address of your sify network manually (the one which is present in the router) and if you have any additional ip for lan then add that ip in advanced settings of the connection... you are ready to go now

remember, remove cable from internet port of router and put in lan port, you don't need to configure anything in the router

Back