Graphic Cards How would this one be??

Vandal

Skilled
Hi I was talking about the X1800XT and its availability here, blade mentioned that MSI doesn't market their ATI cards in India....so it boils down to asus and gigabyte...
How is this card :-
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/VGA/Products/Products_GV-RX18T512V-B.htm

could we be looking @ a 256meg version as well.... I really want a fast card for my new sys... and will probably go XT rather than XL..... for the future assuming I don't want any SLI/crossfire will 512 megs be needed....???

Does gigabyte market ATI in India??

As of now all boards are being built by sapphire for ATI which then gives it to other vendors. So all boards are effectively the same quality. Get the one which is the cheapest/has best warranty.

Chaos said:
As of now all boards are being built by sapphire for ATI which then gives it to other vendors. So all boards are effectively the same quality. Get the one which is the cheapest/has best warranty.
Thanks pard..... did not know that.... noticed u mentioned 'as of now'...... that means sometime near future boards could be made by gigabyte, msi etc.......???
remember I am buying in April......(but want to fix onto a card now.....) will just pick it up when the time comes.....

Maybe later, but ATI's refrence design seems to be doing good anyways, so as chaos said buy one with a better support base.

all high end boards are made by the chipset manufacturers it self or some other partner ..... like in case of ATi its sapphire, maybe somemore are there ..... for nvidia XFX(worst brand according to u) is also making boards ...... so i think if u take ASUS nvidia chipset card u might have a built by XFX card with ASUS logo on it ....

hope u understand this :D ...

Why do you want a x1800 XT if you have a 7800GTX 512 as your Sig says...

Anyways.. 512 MB is a must now.

Almost all games now need 512mb for good performance.

Eg. Quake4 , Fear, COD2, NFS MW... Blah Blah...

goldenfrag said:
um.... That aint true. There was a link where they compared the downclocked GTX 512 MB with the stock speed 256MB. and performance difference was there in the HL2 only somewhat. In rest all games performance difference was minimal if any.
The 512MB GTX has huge lead over 256MB bcoz of its sheer clock speeds on GPu and MEMORY. Not as much because of the extra RAM.

And Vandal intend to do lots of video encoding and thats why he plans to get X1800XT.

goldenfrag said:
Oh no ! no difference with 512Mb ram mate. Like funky said, the difference between the 512 and 256 gtx is mostly due to the higher core and memory speeds. So no 512 is not required right now...........

goldenfrag said:
Man what's up with you (I have mentioned a thousand times here) that the rig 1 is WIP only.... don't u understand what that means?
I DON'T HAVE THE CARD BUT AM SOON GOING FOR A 512 MEG CARD... Now its just whether its ATI or Nvidia.....NEITHER do I have an X2 4400+......

funkymonkey said:
um.... That aint true. There was a link where they compared the downclocked GTX 512 MB with the stock speed 256MB. and performance difference was there in the HL2 only somewhat. In rest all games performance difference was minimal if any.
The 512MB GTX has huge lead over 256MB bcoz of its sheer clock speeds on GPu and MEMORY. Not as much because of the extra RAM.

And Vandal intend to do lots of video encoding and thats why he plans to get X1800XT.
Thanks funky.... not only that, but I don't wanna have to upgrade my card for 1.5 to 2 years.... Also 512 megs has a nice future proof sound to it, and I heard the price difference will be some 6K only.....

Back