Laptops HP 630 i5 number key 8 not working and starting sound.

ultraportable

Disciple
I bought HP 630 Intel 2nd generation i5 - 2410 with dos. Just removed from box, after installing windows 7 found that number key "8" not working and when starting, long beep sound coming...failed to find solution for it. please share if you know any.

Get the laptop replaced ASAP.........

the beep sound is coming because the key is 'stuck', at boot time it will create this beep!

Thanks for suggestion, i have contacted hp online chat support. they said they will send someone to my place with replacement keyboard...lets see how long it take...

Not done yet, on 25th Aug i have contacted online HP Instant support..On 29th Aug got a call from them, they said part not available. and today it's 5th Sep...just contacted hp support, they say "In the next 3-5 business days the part should get replaced!".............still waiting :)

After waiting for 3-5 business days, today contacted again...now they say 2-3 business days :( They should not offer such service if they can't service in time..

26 Aug to 13 Aug, Finally it's done today. Person called yesterday evening, came today afternoon time, replaced the keyboard. now working fine. Thanks for suggestions.

Back