Laptops HP G6 2005AX feedback

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
After over a year and half of usage my laptop HP G6 2005AX is now facing two issues: display contrast and 3.5mm audio port connectivity.
Actually these problems first arose couple of weeks ago but I never bothered about them. Now they are getting worse and driving me insane.
First the display problem: Its giving me a very high contrast, way too high that it makes everything over-bright. If you have a white wallpaper you'll find it to be worse so I'm putting a dark background wallpaper. I would like to mention that I got the display replaced by HP last year due to discoloration. Now I'm beginning to wonder if an old/low-quality display was used. The display is a PITA now.
Audio port problem (speaker/headphone port, not the mic): This problem wasn't serious before. Now it doesn't work when I try to connect to external speakers. Speaker is well and good.
Another issue, I think something's wrong with my heatsink. Its overheating (even after I cleaned it and applying a new thermal paste) and my laptop hangs for some seconds. This is very annoying in-game.

Calling HP is not an option. HP aftersales service is pathetic! Not to forget the charges imposed by these service centers. And they will probably say "motherboard problem" and quote over 10k to fix it.
I wonder how much repairing them would cost.
Anyone else facing this issues? Looking for feedbacks from anyone who has the same laptop.

Thanks.

PS: I will probably get rid of this and buy a Samsung (reliable products) or Acer (awesome service).

Back