Budget 41-50k HP Omen (2018)

FIGGY JAM

Disciple
Folks,

There is a guy selling HP Omen 2018 version in my area.

Specs are -

Intel i7 (7th Gen)
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
1 TB + 128 SSD
Display 15.6

Pricing - 45k

Should I go for the deal?

What are the things to check before buying the used laptop?

Hey Figgy Jam,

Firstly the HP Omen Series of Laptops are certainly a good deal no matter their condition as (a personal opinion) HP has a good track record with laptops since the very start.
Though the specs are outdated for modern or near future AAA gaming at 1080p, some competitive non-graphic intensive games like Valorant and CS GO will run just fine on Medium to High settings, granted a good internet connection.

A 40k deal on the laptop is definitely worth a look but as for every used purchase some things should be checked:
1. Make sure the on-board data is wiped clean and the laptop has no password. If there was a password and the seller did not know it, it could possibly be stolen.
2. Always ask for the power supply as most laptops run best on the factory issued power supply units.
3. Always get hands-on with the laptop before buying it, check for any display anomalies, frame stutters or drops and read and write speeds on both the hard drive and SSD.

If the laptop performs like brand new, I would suggest to go ahead with the buy as I believe it to be a good deal.

Last edited:
Hey Figgy Jam,

Firstly the HP Omen Series of Laptops are certainly a good deal no matter their condition as (a personal opinion) HP has a good track record with laptops since the very start.
Though the specs are outdated for modern or near future AAA gaming at 1080p, some competitive non-graphic intensive games like Valorant and CS GO will run just fine on Medium to High settings, granted a good internet connection.

A 30k deal on the laptop is definitely worth a look but as for every used purchase some things should be checked:
1. Make sure the on-board data is wiped clean and the laptop has no password. If there was a password and the seller did not know it, it could possibly be stolen.
2. Always ask for the power supply as most laptops run best on the factory issued power supply units.
3. Always get hands-on with the laptop before buying it, check for any display anomalies, frame stutters or drops and read and write speeds on both the hard drive and SSD.

If the laptop performs like brand new, I would suggest to go ahead with the buy as I believe it to be a good deal.

Thanks! Bro!! All the points make sense. I will try to ask him for trial or something like that.

Back