Laptops HP Pavilion dv5-1015tx Availability

Hi all today i went to about 3-4 HP dealers in bangalore to enquire regarding the availability of HP Pavilion dv5-1015tx laptop , but i was disappointed to hear that the model is been stopped and no distributors have stock of it. So i decided to buy the HP Pavilion dv4-1133tx lappy. Can anyone suggest better lappy within the range 65000. :huh:
Thank You.

1. The Model CANNOT be stopped :p Its just been launched like 3 months back I guess. Probably just the bangalore distri is out of stock for now.

2. Try croma if theres one nearby. They have their own logistics/distribution/stocks and should have/be able to arrange one :)

In that range, this is THE best laptop man. Wait for availability. Ask distri for stocks/expected date?

Yes there is a problem with stocks of these laptops, even I experienced the same, a new model is on its way- 1120 or something, its with Blue Ray player, but would be retailing ~ 70k.

1133 is also good, but Graphics card is 9200/9300 IMO, 1015 has 9600!

HP's ASS sucks. My friend's had a pathetic relation with the Coimbatore HP authorised dealer to get his DV9xxx series laptop serviced during the warranty period. :(

Get a Dell customized to your needs. Add a complete cover and you're set to go. :)

PS: The 1015TX is surprisingly loaded. So it all boils down to the ASS of HP and the performance at this price. ;)

I have purchased 3 HP laptops in the last 3 years. There was a battery change on one of them, I called the dealer, he delivered the battery home.

The only model that had to be repaired is an AMD tablet, and its wifi stopped working a few days back. The service center is about 10 minutes away. The laptop was returned to me next morning, with a new wifi card installed. They also cleaned up the whole heatsink/fan and it runs much quieter now.

I am not sure how Dell is operating these days, but HP after sales in my exp. is top notch.

hi all finally after considering all of your suggestions and keeping my budget in mind, i went to CROMA in Bangalore, where i got this good deal, HP pavilion dv5-1016tx for 69000. I changed my mind at last time because i searched all of Bangalore for dv5-1015tx laptop but in vain, as none of the shop owners nor the distributors had the stock of it and moreover i was getting blue ray drive (not writer, only reader)for just 2.5k extra. There is no difference between 1015 and 1016 except for the blu ray drive.

luster said:
try getting dv5-1016tx..only difference with 1015tx is that this one has blu-ray drive and 320 GB hdd..

Exactly....Get the 1016TX probably the best notebook u can buy in the Indian market in that price range....

I got mine last month...totally satisfied :)

and yes...the 1015tx is no longer in production...it has been stopped! soon the 1016tx will be stopped as the successors have already been launched in other APAC countries.

cOOl_chap said:
Exactly....Get the 1016TX probably the best notebook u can buy in the Indian market in that price range....

I got mine last month...totally satisfied :)

and yes...the 1015tx is no longer in production...it has been stopped! soon the 1016tx will be stopped as the successors have already been launched in other APAC countries.

:O AFAIK this was just released. Whats this successor? :huh: You sure?

racy1 said:
^.. That model has T5800 CPU (800 Mhz fsb) instead of the P7350 (1066Mhz fsb) of TX-1015

exactly :) So its actually a lower end version rather than a replacement :D + No idea if it ll ever come to India at all anyway.

While purchasing my tx1302au tablet a year ago, I did notice that HP have a smart marketing game of releasing products with "higher" model numbers at latest high prices with minor or no improvements in specs :D In this case looks like they are actually going lower in the specs... so hope the price is lower too!

vishalrao said:
While purchasing my tx1302au tablet a year ago, I did notice that HP have a smart marketing game of releasing products with "higher" model numbers at latest high prices with minor or no improvements in specs :D In this case looks like they are actually going lower in the specs... so hope the price is lower too!

Nope the prices would be higher... they will point it to the BluRay ROM they are giving with the lappy...

I would still recommend to get 1015TX... there are still a few pieces left to get... nothing beats its value... So scavenge for it while you can.. ;)

Back