Laptops Hp refreshes DM1z with E450 APU / Beats Audio

Dark Star

ex-Mod
HP today introduced the updated HP Pavilion dm1, a consumer notebook PC featuring a gloss finish or HP Soft-touch Imprint design, Beats Audio and HP Premier Experience – an exclusive set of innovations designed to improve on the Microsoft Windows® experience.

The affordable HP Pavilion dm1 is the ultimate ultraportable PC, blending performance and mobility in a stylish package, and offering a battery life of up to 11.5 hours.

Building upon HP's MUSE design philosophy, the dm1 is the first notebook to feature HP Soft-touch Imprint technology, a unique printing process that creates a soft-to-the-touch surface by inlaying graphics into a rubber skin that covers the notebook exterior. The dm1 will be available in either a traditional charcoal gloss finish or a soft-touch ash black finish with a stylized pattern. The ash black design features a velvety finish that not only provides a tactile experience, but also collects fewer fingerprints compared to gloss surfaces.

With the addition of HP Beats Audio, a unique, high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre, the Pavilion dm1 offers high-quality entertainment for mobile users.The dm1 features an 11.6-inch high-definition (HD) LED display, and the built-in HP TrueVision HD webcam captures high-quality images even in low-light conditions.The compact machine has a range of storage options and also packs power with the latest AMD E-Series Accelerated Processing Units or Intel® 2nd Generation Core processors. AMD models also include AMD Radeon HD discrete-class graphics to enable crisper and more vivid video playback. Thin and light, the dm1 measures less than 1-inch thick in front and weighs 3.52 pounds.

Source : HP Pavilion dm1 hands-on (late 2011) - Engadget Galleries

Speakers developed by Dr. Dre :O

I think the speaker would produce just great sound and with that thump that Dr. Dre songs have... :D

^^I wont bet my money of E350 now :p Its the first batch of the chip and has no TURBO :p

WIth E450 I can be assured of a stepped up performance and better batch ofcourse :)

Its available in India now.. The price at HP's store is Rs. 25400 though another shop in Nehru Place was quoting 23k for the same model..

The screen has definitely improved. More contrast and just better looking than the predecessor! This netbook(mini laptop I'd say) is worth the asking price..

PS - There's a similar configuration being offered by Samsung and that's with a matte screen! I think its 3 Series again. The price for the samsung one is 22k

^^Older Dm1z is retaling for a grand lower than Sony Vaio @letsbuy.

Plus the new model for Vaio with E450 should be hitting the market anytime now. So head to Sony store or Hp world before buying.

If you want something in 22kish range then Dm1z (older) makes a better deal Buy HP Pavilion dm1-3210au Entertainment Notebook PC (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1- 3210AU Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Dark Star said:
^^Older Dm1z is retaling for a grand lower than Sony Vaio @letsbuy.

Plus the new model for Vaio with E450 should be hitting the market anytime now. So head to Sony store or Hp world before buying.

If you want something in 22kish range then Dm1z (older) makes a better deal Buy HP Pavilion dm1-3210au Entertainment Notebook PC (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1- 3210AU Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Darkstar the model i mention have E 450 thats why i shared.

Its on flipkart too

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/l...bQ--&ref=30d61741-5381-4256-a4a3-1e3631c15b77

I am confused why the new one is price low online.

MAGNeT said:
But for sony there is a doubt(i read) only expensive model are available for extended warranty .

So i was just trying to get double sure whether these model too are available for extended warranty.

So, are you double sure now? or need triple surety :p

I've personally seen the HP dm1z (the one with the updated e450 processor) and I think it looks better than the sony vaio and on par with the samsung one..
PS - This is a subjective view :)
I'd still suggest you to wait for a little more time since we'll see both of these in online stores in a few days.. IMHO for the E450 breed, HP>Samsung>Sony :)
For one thing is certain, HP's battery life will be better than Sony's VPCYB35AN

Problem is related to warranty.

I have heard horrible stories regarding warranty.Plus on top of that hp going out of hardware and going for cloud i think is effecting is warranty policies.Thats the reason i am having too many thoughts over HP.

Else my first preference was dell ,but really angry with them that they never launched the e350 model also here.I cant keep waiting for eternity.Plus i am still not comfortable with tablets like ipad and tab as just for 3g option paying 7-9k more than basic model looks no sense to me.

But still i am also keeping my mind open and will decide from both this model.

I want to avoid online buying as i want on hand review.But if it comes to be expensive option even 500 bucks ill go for online.As i need to upgrade ram and hdd as soon as i get it.Plus need to get usb modem for 3g internet option.

I read a lot about laptops in this range , and finally bought hp dm1-4003au from nehru palace on 24-10-2011 at a bargained price of 23,250 INR, along with a laptop sleeve from Iball.

They have provided me with an on-site warranty for an year.
I have been fiddling with this lappy from past few days and taking out all the juice possible from it , although I am waiting for few weeks till I upgrade its Primary Memory to 4Gb DDR3.
I was actually trying to run MSSQL server and Visual Studio 10 , alongwith Java Netbeans on this , I am pretty sure these things are taking out breath from this machine............its almost dying while installing these apps......I am probably going to stick with windows XP untill I get a RAM upgrade.......as I believe these development apps will run faster on that since XP consumes less ram.

Also I was trying to figure out if I can make a PXE Boot , to install XP , right away from my desktop.!!!!!!......Since this thing lacks DVD-RW.!!!!! Damn......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I googled a lot for review of hp dm1-4003au/us but had to keep searching endlessly untill I got baffled by searching and then finally decided to spent the money over it.

ANy one who is willing to buy this lappy , but needs few details (specially the intricate ones.), for that purpose,I will write a full review on this along with pics , this weekend(gimme sometime as I am damn busy till friday)................Plz make sure you read the'm before buying cause the purchase of this laptop depends a lot on usage,.......

Let me plz clear this misconception of many of you and those who are willing to buy this mini-laptop instead of those who are coming at same price range , aha yeah the bigger ones,(called laptops), with 14-15" screens.

First this lappy stands nowhere , I mean neither in notebooks nor in minis, also it stands nowhere in performance to ny1,other than those similiar.
The dual core CPU of AMD that has built in on-die GPU , just suxx while running a high end app like VS2010 or Some servers...... and when you go for gaming ....probably the newer ones,(who will like to play old games anywayz), it sucks even more,..........

My prime concern and conclusion for this design would be that they should have made something which could have performed well either in games or in running servers.........
and when someone asks me what more you want from a mini-lappy , then for him I should tell him , this is not the only thing I want from a mini-lappy putting a hole of ~25k bucks in my wallet.

I didn't meant any offences , ,,,so plz don't argue over this comment..:)

Back