HTC Explorer for 7,495 or wait for Xperia Miro/Mmx A90 ?

geekGasming

Disciple
Hey, looking to get a strict budget phone! (10k)

Looking for :
1. Lots of customizable stuff's, preferably custom ROM's
2. Sturdy with looks.
3. ICS upgrade somehow!

Options :
Explorer for 7.5k from HS18 Super Deal
Xperia Miro(ICS, but will release next month may be)
Micromax A90 (ICS, Super AMOLED, but Mmx )

PS : I do have Mmx Funbook, so a lil less inclined towards A90, but if the reviews are good, ll have to opt for it

Other options are welcome!

HTC explorer ATM, but even without the superdeal its available for 7.8k on sulekha, so you can wait for the xperia miro if you like.
However, it wont give you any additional features apart from the 5mp cam and stronger battery. Community support for HTC explorer is pretty good so you should have no problems with custom ROMs/overclocking/customizations. Lastly, I believe even xperias from 2011 do not have equivalent no. of ROMs as the explorer.
Hence, the explorer is a safe bet :)

Lastly, I believe even xperias from 2011 do not have equivalent no. of ROMs as the explorer.
Then you should stop believing yourself I guess :bleh:
Check this -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, Ray - xda-developers

@OP : I would recommend you Miro, since has lots of more internal storage space than Explorer and much better specs overall. You may also have a look at Xperia Mini and Mini Pro if you are comfortable with its screen size and thickness.

Then you should stop believing yourself I guess :bleh:
Check this -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, Ray - xda-developers

I said equivalent :p Moreover, ICS is buggy for 2011 xperias, there are lots of people complaining abt the update.
anyway, if he is into rooting he can get an explorer. the lack of a decent sized internal memory can be put off by apps like link2sd. just my $0.02. miro will obviously be slightly better but more expensive than the explorer.
Peace :)

I said equivalent :p Moreover, ICS is buggy for 2011 xperias, there are lots of people complaining abt the update.
anyway, if he is into rooting he can get an explorer. the lack of a decent sized internal memory can be put off by apps like link2sd. just my $0.02. miro will obviously be slightly better but more expensive than the explorer.
Peace :)
The stock 4.0.3 ICS ROM is buggy, most of the issues which will be sorted out in 4.0.4 update. But who uses stock ROM when we have plenty of other options ;)
Another plus is Xperias are guaranteed Jellybean courtesy CM10.
Anyway we shall wait for OP's response.

Back