HTC HD2 from the us for ~300USD

jugaad1

Disciple
I've come across a number of deals on ebay US for HTC HD2 around the 300USD price range. I plan to use aramex's NY address for getting it shipped to me. Does anyone see any downside to this idea.

Advice please !
Also, how easy would the phone be to unlock and to install win Phone 7 + Android Dual boot on it ?
Are there any known issues with this phone ?:huh:

It is a great phone.I used it for a year and sold it just yesterday.Dont know about unlock.but android runs absolutely fine.Winmo7 still has some battery drain issues.Do buy extended battery with it.the regular battery is too weak for that giant.

The price would be really nice for a HD2 even after Shipping and Customs.

The only problem would be support in case anything goes wrong. Also, there is a difference between the US HD2 and the APAC HD2, isn't it??

jugaad1 said:
I've come across a number of deals on ebay US for HTC HD2 around the 300USD price range. I plan to use aramex's NY address for getting it shipped to me. Does anyone see any downside to this idea.

Advice please !
Also, how easy would the phone be to unlock and to install win Phone 7 + Android Dual boot on it ?
Are there any known issues with this phone ?:huh:
So did you buy it yet?

I too plan to get a TMOUS HD2, but need confirmation about 3G functionality in India. I believe operators in india use UMTS2100 / UMTS1900 FOR DL/UL.
If my understanding is correct then it should work fine on 3G here. Also, is it that custom WM6.5 ROM's available for T-Mobile HD2 are far less cmpared to APAC HD2 due to hardware differnce ?
Any ideas anyone ?

There is no difference in the support or availability of roms - be it Wm 6.5, Wm 7 or Android. And yes, 3g works just fine.

tusharch said:
I too plan to get a TMOUS HD2, but need confirmation about 3G functionality in India. I believe operators in india use UMTS2100 / UMTS1900 FOR DL/UL.

If my understanding is correct then it should work fine on 3G here. Also, is it that custom WM6.5 ROM's available for T-Mobile HD2 are far less cmpared to APAC HD2 due to hardware differnce ?

Any ideas anyone ?

Back