HTC Wildfire S or Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raval_manoj

Disciple
Hi Need your advice to choose better phone:
My requirements:
--> Android
--> 3.5mm audio jack
--> Good camera
--> Good connectivity & soc net & gen internet options
My budget is 10-12k only
Models are in my mind are
(1) Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 or
(2) HTC Wildfire / s
Planning to have new phone within 10-12 days.
So need your expert advice quickly.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

Still some confusion: Screen (display) details for both phone:

LG P500 Sam Galaxy Fit S5670

---------- ------------------------

Android 2.2 (upgradable to 2.3) Android 2.2 (Q) Is it upgradable or not?

Qualcomm MSM7227, 600 MHz CPU 600 MHz processor (is there any difference between these two?)

3.2 inches,TFT touchscreen, 256K colors 3.31 inches ,TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (isn't this 16M is better than

256k?)

Memory 170 MB, 512 MB RAM 160 MB (isn't there any RAM / ROM? & how it'll make a difference?

Social networking facility is not there in Galaxy Fit?

& last what about HTC Wildfire S? is it advisable or not?

All three uses the same SOC(Processor+GPU) MSM7227 600MHz and Adreno 200

LG O1 P500 has 512MB RAM, Wildfire has 384MB and Fit has 278MB RAM!

Internal memory doesnt matter much as with Froyo you can install apps in the microSD card :)

The LG has the better resolution. What is the point of 16M when the PPI is very low (pixels per inch)

All posts in this thread are going to recommend you the LG O1 P500 (Because thats the VFM, best option in that budget)

Missed the 'S' completely :ashamed: Blame it on HTC's naming though :p

'S' is not released yet. He has to wait a month or two for that. Price also will be ~13k-14k. Why wait for that when O1 has almost similar specs (Except Cam) and is available for ~10k?

Totally! Go for LG Optimus One. You won't regret it. I'm using it since this feb, amazing device. I bought it for 12.3k, now it's 10k. Go for it!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

O1's Screen is very responsive, there has not been a time that I needed to touch an icon twice to launch or to swipe through screens. It's as good as Sammy's Ace.

Thanks to all for great help & valuable advise & to clear my some confusion.

2morrow going for LG o1 P500.

It supports microsd card up to 32gb as per specs.

I think to use 16gb card to carry my music collection (not hip-hop or dhadam-dhadum at all) & photo collection.

(1) Is it advisable to use 16gb or + size card? & will it affect phone operational speed & performance?

(2) Is there any special type/class of microsd card that will perform better with this?

(3) Which type & brand card is better?

Thanks

Like 'pauldmps' said, use Class 6 SDCard 16GB, 32GB won't be a problem but don't go for Class 10 cards; as I have written in other threads before Class 10 SDCards are meant for specifically DigiCams for it's high Write speed but simultaneous read-write has been observed lower when used in Mobile Devices. Class 6 SDCards are the best for Android & you won't need anymore than that anyways.

Thanks all the guys for kind help & support to choose better item within affordable

budget. Yesterday I got new LG Optimus One P500, really very nice & cool phone

with decent features.

Need one more help. In hurry I purchased SanDisk 16Gb microsd card lately I know

that card is of class 2.

Now which brand is better? I need class 6 card 16/32 gb. from where can I get this?

For the late comers to this thread. Here's a piece of info:

Wildfire S now available at Letsbuy for Rs 13,999
And Galaxy Fits S remains at Rs 10,500.
LG OPTIMUS ONE P500 lowered further to Rs 9,999 (with 2 GB microSD card)
(what's up with these mobile companies, launching at a very high price then lowering it because of the competition from Samsung???)...

Optimus One is a great mobile at 10K (advantage over Fit - bright and sharp screen helps in browsing experience, looks and build quality is much better, having a powerful battery but unfortunately the talktime has been mentioned low by L.G)

But my pick would still be Samsung Fit. (Reason - low resolution would help in rendering games with decent fps + 5mp cam + overall UI is snappy and slightly better than Optimus One. I'm not comparing the launchers Touchwiz vs Optimus UI. I'm just comparing the speed of the Interfaces. Like for ex: after pressing settings, time taken for the settings to appear, browser to open etc.,)

Wildfire S is another range. Bright Screen as Optimus One and Swift UI and good cam as Fit (hopefully, haven't seen it yet)

One more mobile to add in this category: Spice Mi-310 (320x240 resolution, 2mp cam, but still a great mobile @ 7.3K)

Links to check out the User Interfaces of these mobiles

Mi-310: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzjs9y5Dj9g
Fit S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7mkSX0jhI
O1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIWUeOL2KME & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nVaMJ3IQw

^ - cause of the resolution it lags. Watch the videos of XCD35. I was very happy when XCD35's price was brought down to 9.5K, but then came to know that its piece of S***, after watching the UI

As a powers user I can tell you that Optimus One gets you through the day with calls, web surfing & games but you will need to charge after 10 hours for sure. But with 3G it's a lot dofferent story, it gives me about 6-7 hours when I use 3G to watch videos & tether to another device via wifi. O1's performance might not seem good but try any other device in this price range, none can beat O1's battery life as the 1500mAh battery is really good after certain numbers of charges.

@emmarbee - Why have you bumped up a month old thread when the OP had bought a LG O1 P500 already before a month!
The purpose of this thread is served and if you need to discuss something open a new thread in mobile phones section. If you need buying advice open a new thread in this section!
Anyways closing the thread with a fit review from TT - Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back