Budget 0-20k htpc for running 1080p(online and offline)?

g_sahota

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • sony full hd led tv
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - sony full hd led tv
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - any(low power consumption)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(low power consumption)
    • GPU - any
    • PSU - Best Power Supply Units
    • ssd(windows install and some memory for files saving )
    • cabnet any
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • no
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • no
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies online .(websites and xmbc)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing
no
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usag
    1. Desktop - full hd
  2. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  3. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
other question is can intel nuc n2820 work perfectly for my need or not?

• CPU - any(low power consumption)
  • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(low power consumption)
  • GPU - any
  • ssd(windows install and some memory for files saving )
  • cabnet any

it will be next to impossible to squeeze in all these components in a 12k budget even if you get the absolute cheapest components so instead i'll give approx. cost for each component needed;
cpu - starts from ~5k (e.g. intel g2020).
mobo - decent ones start from ~4k onwards. there may be cheaper ones but they might be dodgy on quality or lack important features.
gpu - if the onboard vga is not capable then gpu's start at ~3k.
psu - be careful here as 'local' psu's might seem to offer great value but they are in fact rubbish. a defective psu can kill some or all of your components so don't skimp. a 400 watt antec, seasonic or corsair psu would be ideal. they start at 3-4k.
ssd - 60gb ones start at ~3k while the 120gb models are ~5k and 250gb models are ~7k onwards.
cabinet - i know you have a tight budget but i suggest a branded one as the difference in build quality between them is massive. decent cabinets start at ~2k. (e.g. antec, corsair, cooler master, nzxt)

hope this helps :)

• Intel Celeron Quad Core (2.0 GHz)/ Intel HD Graphics/ 64 GB SSD/ 4GB RAM
Biostar CPU + Motherboard Combo J1900NH2 with Intel Celeron Quad Core (2.0 GHz)

one online seller selling above htpc
please tell me above system ok for my need or not?

that config might work but again as Crazy_Eddy pointed out that intel vga drivers have issues so you might need a video card. how much is the seller quoting for the system?

How about using the raspberry pi2 . i guess you can use it as media player after installing the kodi image. Not sure if you can use the kodi to surf the internet.

If you want great music quality, there are plenty high quality usb audio dac available for raspberry pi2

You can get the IR receiver for very cheap price as well but not sure how easy or difficult it is to setup on kodi

All those goodies and it will be still within your budget

I bought a system this March to be used as an HTPC for my living room and set myself a target of 12k. The following is the config
Intel G3220 + ECS H81 micro atx board with HDMI
4gb Kingston ddr3 1600mhz
500GB wd hdd
Circle Lil Red slim micro atx cabinet with 300w psu
Logitech K400r

Everything runs well

that config might work but again as Crazy_Eddy pointed out that intel vga drivers have issues so you might need a video card. how much is the seller quoting for the system?
seller selling at 15k[DOUBLEPOST=1434106873][/DOUBLEPOST]anybody selling his old htpc capable to my need can post here.

How about using the raspberry pi2 . i guess you can use it as media player after installing the kodi image. Not sure if you can use the kodi to surf the internet.

If you want great music quality, there are plenty high quality usb audio dac available for raspberry pi2

You can get the IR receiver for very cheap price as well but not sure how easy or difficult it is to setup on kodi

All those goodies and it will be still within your budget
+1 to that
If browsing is a mandatory need, it is possible to install Kodi on Raspbian thus allowing user to switch to a regular desktop environment when browsing is required
While browsing/desktop environment will not be as fluid as a regular x86 system, media playback will be as good and the whole rig will be a fraction of the cost of a HTPC - The low power requirement means you don't even need to shut it down ever

Back