Huawei Ideos X5 or Moto Defy ?

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Hi guys,
As you might know that Huawei released Ideos X5 in india
Now my question is,either to buy Ideos X5 or Moto Defy ?

On paper,X5's specs look good as compared to Defy and with the adreno 205 it has an upper hand over defy...
But has anyone used it b4 ?

lemme know,gonna buy a new phone this weekend
Been using LG O1 for a month now...need something new..:p

I don't think the support for Huawei products in India would be that great, plus defy (as i am using it now) have to say is a fantastic device, has EVERYTHING rather than a front camera (I dont need it anyways), I'd go for a defy if i were you.

My friend bought the same Spice one for around 13k and he is giving really good reviews about it. He has now filled his phone with games. :p

But its only available through spice stores and I think after sales support might just be a problem.

Between X5 and Defy - Defy.
Btw what's your budget?
Here's the benchmark for Graphics (GLBench is more than bench IMHO)
->Optimus One 600mhz has Adreno 200 @ 320x480 resolution
-> Galaxy SL 1 ghz @ Power SGX 530 - 800x480
-> Moto Defy 800mhz @ Power SGX 530 - 854x480
-> Huawei X5 800 Mhz @ Adreno 205 - 800x480

GLBenchmark - Phone details comparsion

But the Spice Mi-410 (Qualcomm MSM8255 soc) will have atleast the power of Desire S (shown below)
GLBenchmark - Phone details comparsion

So Spice Mi-410 is the DAMN best buy, if its available in market, of course...

Adreno 205 is equal to sgx530 in GPU stats as evidenced by no. of games it is able to run smoothly...
Some games like Asphalt run better on Qualcomm SOC's while some run better on Ti Omap
But Still Adreno 205 is far more likely to recieve industry support.
And the benchmarks dont matter in the least, They are known to be highly susceptible to build changes
But if you must then Neocore values are what you should be looking at
remember Samsung phones are capped at 60 FPS, and tegra values usually go beyond 80, but anything above 60 wont be too useful in a 4 incher
But surely Adreno 205 inferior to sgx540 ,as the one in original SGS and IP4

Adreno 200 is the weakest of all, but then it is now 2 generations old

^ - nice post. IP4 has SGX535. 205 is better than 530 and inferior to 540.
Isn't GLBench's Egypt is better than Qualcomm's Neocore?

And aka911 - you didn't suggest which mobile is best for the OP :?

I think I can safely say tht after having seen the "Ideos X6 aka Spice Mi 410" yesterday in a store, I was quite literally wanting to sell my Blade then and there !!! and maybe I will sell it.

any buyers for Gen1, ZTE Blade :) 2 months old.. pristine condition screen guard and leather cover....

lilboy said:
but there is no community for spice mi410
Exactly. Defy has a far superior community support. My Defy running CM7 performs like a dream. I get a quadrant benchmark of 2000+. Gor 2111 yesterday. I would suggest a Defy as it has already established a good reputation in the market. Spice is still an unknown quantity to me.

As long as the mi-410 hovers around the 14k mark, it will face stiff competition from Defy. I went with the former in the end. i'd still get a Defy though if i had the money. On the other hand, if it's price goes nearer to 10K, it can trouble the Optimus One, XCD 35/Blade,Galaxy Ace, etc..

I think there's no need to be put off by just the Spice brand name or sticker on the phone, when we know we're getting the exact same phone from Huawei. Since the Spice Mi 410 is a re-branded Ideos X6, see if Spice would give replacement warranty as Dell is providing for XCD35 (ZTE Blade) and not repair the phone by themselves. If yes, then surely Spice MI 410 would be an excellent buy as the service quality aspect doesn't come into picture here.

Defy on the other hand makes a strong case for its immense community support (CM7) and the tough build. So it should be between Spice Mi 410 and Moto Defy, leave out Ideos X5.

Back