Hybrid tech

Brendon

Skilled
Ok, so its my new Tube/Solid State Hybrid amp ! :eek:hyeah:

This is the Cavalli Audio EHHA DIY amplifier.

A BIG thank you to TE member Titana for building the amp for me and taking the pains to pack and ship this 6 kg monster from Delhi to me. :hap2:

This adds new life to my existing headphones and I get noticeable extension in all directions ! (Treble (N), Bass, (S), and soundstage width (W,E)) :D

Some customary pictures. :)

Its the inside beauty that counts !

Amperex 6GM8 NOS tubes in action

Very very nice investment Brendon! Mighty congrats.

PS: Please take care of the equipment. The HD 650 was in such a sorry state when we saw it the other day. :p

Nice Pics !

Will be waiting for your impressions.

Take care of those gorgeous tubes. They are the NOS Amperex 'Bugle Boys' - very rare & difficult to find.

Dont worry ! I have turned over a new leaf. I am taking good care of all my stuff now. :)

Ah so these are the famous Bugle Boys ? I have read a lot about them when I was researching for my old Bravo tube amp.

^This glow is from LED mounted under the tube & not the tube itself.

The tubes have fainter fluroscent glow which is very pretty to eyes in complete darkness.

stalker said:
Heh.. we have a 'like' button now. All socially aware eh? Hate the idea personally.

@Brendan..

Sweet buy dude :) Congrats.

Hmm, the concept here to stay. But Safin needs to desperately change the logo, a heart looks very ghey :p

Woaahhh.....you finally got it bro!!!
Supah happy for you man.....i know how many months you've waited for this!! Special thanks to Titana from my side cause i will get to audition these when I come to mumbai in May.

Impressions dude!!! What are you waiting for? :D :D

bennysachdev said:
Woaahhh.....you finally got it bro!!!
i know how many months you've waited for this!! Special thanks to Titana from my side cause i will get to audition these when I come to mumbai in May.
Thanks ! The amp was actually ready in december & ideally should have been there for your Jan. meet. Unfortunately, there were just too much hassles with shipping this beast.
Honestly, the shipping part gave me more heartburn than the whole process of building it. Better late than never though. :lol:

So the hybrid goodness is spreading titana

Finally joined TE after such a long time just reading them to have a idea what my friends titana and Team Ortho are up to. Now I have more friends within the Lynx community we know each other by name and the common tryst for the perferct audio reproduction which always keeps alluring us.

And titana what about our 32 bit DIY DAC project when are we starting with the ordering of the components.

Back