OC & Modding Hyper 212 EVO replacement fan

Blackend

Disciple
So after about 3 years of usage, the fan on my cooler has died. I've been looking around and cannot find a replacement fan! I even went to Nehru Place and most shops didn't have any of these fans.

Since this fan plugs into the motherboard, it needs to be a 4 pin fan. I'm not sure if 3 pin fans can work, can someone confirm this?

Also any suggestions on what fans I can buy? Right now I've attached one of my case fans on the cooler but thats temporary till I can find a permanent replacement.

Any 120mm fan will do honestly. There are many other fans that will offer quieter operation/push more air through the 212 than the fan that comes with the heatsink. Just make sure you get a 4pin fan so the BIOS can adjust its speed properly via PWM.

Any 120mm fan will do honestly. There are many other fans that will offer quieter operation/push more air through the 212 than the fan that comes with the heatsink. Just make sure you get a 4pin fan so the BIOS can adjust its speed properly via PWM.

That seems to be the main problem. I can't seem to find any 4 pin fans. The only one I found is a Noctua thats a tad bit too expensive here in India.

Just try checking local shops too, spending 1.8 for that fan I don't find justified

Yeah I went around Nehru Place today and all the good shops like SMC and Computer Empire didn't have any 4 pin fans. Went to some smaller shops and I found a short term replacement for now, the Cooler Master Jetstream 120. I found someone on the forum selling Noctua NF PWM fan so that should make a permanent replacement.

Back