I Am Looking To Buy An Android Phone Between 7 to 10k Range For My Sister!!!

Hades.

Skilled
She would use it especially for VoIP calling...

The features the phone must have are:
1. Should have good specs
2. Good looks
3. It should have decent battery life
4. Decent Camera

I have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy Y, LG Optimus One and Dell XCD35

If there are any better phones available in this range then please do recommend them

TIA

Also ebay had sent 5% coupons to almost all accounts. So that a Rs.533 discount. So price would be ~10.1k after coupon.

Get 10% off on all purchases on ebay.in with your Maestro® or MasterCard® Debit Card -> If you dont have the coupon and have a maestro or master debit card then you can get a 10% max. 500 off.

Buy HTC Explorer online | HTC Explorer Pricing, Review and Accessories | IndiaPlaza -> You can also get it for ~9.8k from Indiaplaza using the 'ICICIFEST' coupon (12% max. 1500 off)

Better go the ebay route as I am not sure how fast Indiaplaza ships the mobiles. (No first hand experience)

I had a hands-on with the HTC explorer today, with 3G, browsed the web, youtube videos and everything.

The camera is just ok, 3MP fixed focus, don't expect wonders. The phone, is brilliant. Typing is great thanks to the new responsive screen (compared to the Wildfire S), the interface is snappy!! And Sense UI 3.5 is beautiful.

I also got loads of time with the HTC Sensation XE, Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro, Arc S, Live Walkman, Xperia Ray, Nokia Lumia 800(loved it!), Lumia 710, Nokia 500!

Expect a full hands-on write up by tonight or tomorrow morning(really tired now, sorry, bought new guitar, going ga-ga over it!)

I'd rather go for either the XCD35 or the Galaxy Y. HTC battery life isn't that good either if compared to the XCD35. They are never known for good battery back up! Galaxy Y wins the day for me at least.

HTC EXPLORER Android 2.3 WITH 1 YR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY (BLACK) | eBay

Using MCEBAY1234 to get it for Rs.9490 (For master card holders. 10% or max. 500 off)

GW2d6.jpg

The deal is only for one day. Its the cheapest in ebay.

If someone doesn't have master or maestro card but has a 5% off coupon then also they can get it for Rs.9490.50. If any 10% coupons then even better!

HTC Explorer review: The start of a journey - GSMArena.com

• Though the phone has only a 600MHz processor unlike the Optimus net, Galaxy Ace etc, Wildfire S… Its a 600MHz Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A chipset, Cortex A5 CPU.
  • It supports flash games and apps and is the only sub 10k phone to do so . The GPU is also enhanced and much better than Wildfire S.
  • It has one of the best Android Custom UI (Sense UI 3.5)
  • It beats the more expensive HTC Wildfire S in all the benchmarks.

Back