I am the fasteSt 'i' yet !

rajshah

Skilled
It's the iPhone 3GS White 32gb.

Check out the new volume controls in the handsfree set !

A head to head comparo for the old 3g and the new 3gs packaging.
The new box is slightly smaller !

Btw, that 8gb 3g is for one of our members Gautam13 !
He's also ordered for a 16gb 3g which is coming next week !
Congrats Gautam !

I have used the 3g 16gb before and just sold it last month.
This one's really fast compared to the 3g.
Boot time is almost ~20-25 seconds compared to the ~70 seconds for the 3g. But that's not the biggest deal breaker as a lot of us never switch their phones off ! It probably matters once in a while when we have to restart !

For people on jailbroken iPhones and using SbSettings, you guys must be aware that the 3g ends up being low on moemory after running for a day or so. We can see in Sbsettings that the free memory is around 25mb.
Here, it's a whopping 140mb free at almost all times !
Helps speed up things considerably.

Also, the additional ram is easily noticeable when you compare games on the 2 phones. Things load up really fast on the new white toy ! :)

The new camera with the autofocus is brilliant.
Autofocus works in videos too ! And we can trim the videos on the phone itself ! It's zip fast !

This is almost becoming a mini review !
About time I stopped posting more !
Thanks for looking guys !

P.S. I know most of you guys will end up asking for damages as soon as you finish reading the post and don't find the price !
It's way too steep ! Don't blast me guys !
No more tech-toys for the year ! :p

Price for the curious who will curse me - 45k

Congrats!! Dont worry about the price! Some people think it's worthwhile to buy it at a premium, some people dont! You were among the former, so dont worry and be happy! :D

Did you get it shipped from the US? how much did it cost you in $ + shipping? My dad wants one badly. That is why I'm asking. What about customs or something? you got it tthrough KMD or on your own?

Nikhil said:
Congrats!! Dont worry about the price! Some people think it's worthwhile to buy it at a premium, some people dont! You were among the former, so dont worry and be happy! :D

Did you get it shipped from the US? how much did it cost you in $ + shipping? My dad wants one badly. That is why I'm asking. What about customs or something? you got it tthrough KMD or on your own?

Thanks Nikhil ! You made the right point. :)
It's from Australia. US has a huge shortage of 3GS 16/32gb phones right now.
India launch will be mostly delayed due to that reason.

My dealer arranged everything for me right from purchase to delivery.
I paid him the final price.
I got around 11 other iPhone's from him for our TE folks same way :)

I will ask him if he can source the same again if you are interested and post back. Let me know.

thexfactor said:
Congrats mate ... Awesome phone :D

Thanks buddy

Congrats awesome buy!

When you ask your dealer for pricing, lemme know how much a 16GB White 3GS will cost also :)

Thanks!

Back